Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 6th Year Bandiversary

So, I just realized that today is my 6th year Bandiversary. Wow! I can't believe it. Life changed so much in the past six years. Got married, had two babies... and am about to deliver my third. Up until this pregnancy, I had maintained 65 pounds out of a 95 pound loss with absolutely no fill. Prior to being Banded, I had never lost more than 17 pounds... and that involved being at a vegan ultra low-fat spa for a month. (Gained it back in two weeks.) I was never the person who lost a lot of weight, and then gained it back and then some. I was the person who never lost more than 5 pounds. The person who never felt full until I had my Band.

I've had some trouble with trying to refill my Band post pregnancies... but other than that, nothing negative. No reflux, slips, erosions, etc. Band looks the same as it did six years ago on the x-rays.

I'm going to try to refill again after this pregnancy... so we'll see. In about six months, I'll see where I'm at. I may go back to my normal setpoint, -65 pounds with no fill. Fills may work, and I may be less. Or I may be pretty much where I am now. If I decide to go with a revision, I'd probably go with a VSG. But, right now, I'm doing a wait and see.

Thank you for posting about your 6 years. I am not yet banded but I rarely see anyone post on here that is over 2-3 years out with the band. It was really encouraging for me to read your post and about your success. Congratulations to you on your 3 babies and marriage. You have really accomplished a lot in the last 6 years

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

and thank you for posting its great to hear from someone whos been banded for so long. Im sure all will go well and you will be able to loose the weight after your pregnancy.

Best of Luck

Eva

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches