Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Currently, I only have one pair of jeans that fit.....and I don't even care.

Thank goodness summer is around the corner, beacuse I can just wear a bathing suit and wrap or shorts and shirts, but come this Fall, I had better save my money for new jeans.....

I LOVE IT.

I haven't gone to the second hand store, because I am 6ft and need long legged pants.

I have been careful not to buy too many things on the way down. I have bought a few new things only to regret it as they get too big before I feel as though I got my money out of it.

Anyone get to goal and spend a bomb on clothes?

Currently, I only have one pair of jeans that fit.....and I don't even care.

Thank goodness summer is around the corner, beacuse I can just wear a bathing suit and wrap or shorts and shirts, but come this Fall, I had better save my money for new jeans.....

I LOVE IT.

I haven't gone to the second hand store, because I am 6ft and need long legged pants.

I have been careful not to buy too many things on the way down. I have bought a few new things only to regret it as they get too big before I feel as though I got my money out of it.

Anyone get to goal and spend a bomb on clothes?

Yeah i love clothes, and i love shopping too now, im also enjoying not been ripped off by paying more because i needed the extra sizes, i love it and all this hard work has paid off just being able to go in to normal clothes shops.

I'm not at goal yet, but I haven't been spending a whole lot of money on clothes on the way down either. My family made me buy a bunch of new clothes in my size so I'd have cute stuff to wear on my honeymoon, lol. I intend to have a VERY extensive wardrobe when I get down to goal. :rolleyes:

I was lucky that I still had some clothes that I got too fat for. I don't know what I will do when they get too big. I have no idea how much I am going to be able to lose, so I don't want to buy much either.

I'm at the point where none of my clothes fit anymore, even the ones I had grown out of on the way up!

It's exciting to shop and go into a store where everything will fit and have to actually decide which looks best as opposed to what zips and buttons.

And the savings from plus sized to regular sized clothes is amazing! I was able to buy the cutest dresses from Target (never shopped there before because they didn't carry my size.) and they were only $25 a piece!

oh man i can not wait for that shopping spree. I am looking forward to going to all the stores that i have longed for and just shopping my little heart out. My dad said when i hit goal we will go on a trip to the mall of america. =) i can't wait for that!

Once you get into the really tiny stuff here in Oz (our size 6 is your 0 as I understand it) the price jumps back up.

I paid AUD$90 for jeans in my size. I swear I didn't pay that much for jeans when I was plus size.

Sigh. But yes, it was so much cheaper to buy clothes when I was between a 16 and 10.

Chickie

To spend that money though and know that you'll be able to wear the jeans until they go out of style, not until they get worn out is a nice feeling I bet.

And I'm sure they look super hot on your figure too! ;)

When I shrink past my stash of clothes I'm going to invade my daughters closet. She has more clothes than you can shake a stick at. She will really be surprised this winter. She donated a bunch of clothes to the church garage sale and I bought them. They are all winter clothes in size 10 and 12 so I'm sure by winter I'll be able to wear them. If they're too big it's not like I spent a fortune on them.

When I got to a size 14P, I spent a FORTUNE just because I could shop anywhere. I mean a fortune -- like $3K in about 2 weeks. It was out of control. Then, I lost about 15 lbs and all my clothes are too big again. It's a nice problem to have, but now I'm trying to be more conservative with my purchases as I'd like to drop at least 2 more dress sizes before it's all said and done with. It's Old Navy and Target shopping for me until I get to goal. Then I'm going to spend another fortune and I won't feel bad about it for a single second!

Oh I can hardly wait. I do love clothes. I have way too many in every size for the trips up and down. The last time I lost over 100lbs I packed them all off to good will. Then I gained it all back and them some and had nothing to wear. I am not taking them anywhere till I reach goal and stay there for at least a year.(Rubbermade loves me) or they go so far out of fashion thet my kids tease me. (more than they do now about my clothes. )

I have recently discovered Coldwater Creek and just Looooooove their clothes. Can't wait to get to a smaller size to really enjoy them

i have decided that when I need new clothes that I am going to check out the salvation army store. We have a nice one here that has nice clothes. Of course I will bring them home and wash first. I just can't see buying a bunch of clothes just to wear for a couple of months and have them too big. When I hit goal I will definitely mall shop. I am a bargain shopper so I am sure I will hit the sale racks first.

I can't wait to go clothes shopping and looking for cute things in smaller sizes! Since I had pretty much edged myself out of it, it will be such a thrill to shop in the regular department. All of my big stuff I just plan on taking to the women's shelter.

When I finally get down to goal. Right now I don't want to have stuff that too expensive or that I like too much ( I would miss it!). I'm also actually hoping I could get on what not to wear or something like that when I reach goal. I kid you not, but I'm pretty darn clueless. This past year my big fashion goal had been to try and wear clothes that weren't stained or ripped and to remember to brush my hair before I left the house (and look in the mirror while I was at it to see if I had put my clothes on inside out or buttoned incorrectly, etc. I've had it happen to me repeatedly where I will be at a meeting or something, sitting around a table with people when I look down and notice all of a sudden that oops, not only is my shirt inside out, but the buttons are misaligned and that ketchup stain didn't quite come out in the wash. Of course I think thats pretty funny when it does happen-- one would think I'd notice these things or someone would point it out, right?). Then recently I've started to learn about makeup and how to do basic hair styles. I didn't learn how to file my nails until I was 19. I'm a late bloomer on this stuff I guess. How will I know what to buy! What to wear? Whats a wardrope staple? Ugh! I'm already not allowed to buy certain colors unless a friend or DH is with me to let me know if they clash with me (I'm a redhead). Its enough to make me want to keep on wearing jeans and pj bottoms and long skirts with whatever t shirt or, better yet, a 3/4 sleeve striped button down shirt with a v neck.