Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting discouraged!

I'm getting so discouraged. Seems like things aren't going the way as planned and it's making me know want to go through with all of this stuff. I need to have my sleep study and the doctors have all of my information but they aren't responding. Did anyone else have this problem.

I felt this way when I first started....it seemed like my surgeons office was dragging their feet on getting my appointments scheduled. I think it was me being a little anxious and inpatient. They eventually got everything scheduled and things moved really fast from there.

Do you have a patient coordinator? If not just give it a little more time and if you still haven't heard anything you can always stop by the office. I would highly recommend just taking a deep breath and try to be as patient as possible...don't get discouraged, things will start coming together and you'll have a surgery date before you know it.

I'm having bypass on May 27th...blessings to you ????

Looking at your date, it looks like you have just started the process. I know it is hard, but once things begin, they tend to go quickly. Do you know where you are having the sleep study done? If so perhaps you could call them to set up the date. Once you have your sleep study completed it takes about a week for the doctors to go over the results and write it up. A sleep study should not slow your process down, because it is only one piece to a much larger puzzle. Many people do not have sleep apnea and have the surgery. Have you completed all of your insurances requirements?

Thanks you guys. I just feel like people aren't calling me back like they should be. I leave messages and don't hear anything back. I tell my friend who has the same doctor and she says she never had any problems. Makes me wonder if this is the right doctor for me or if I'm all in my feelings about this.

Im in the same boat. I feel like if i didnt call and check up nothing would get done. Ive been through this before with the band as well. I believe it is just too many patients. Meh...it is what it is. Keep going to bat for yourself...eventually we will hit a home run.

Thanks Dibaby44. I know it will all work out in the end, but I was wishing to try and have this done by June or July.

I thought it would only take 3 months for me to go through the process...turned out to be 8 months! Started in Boston, but they put me through a lot of unnecessary requirements that I'm still convinced were placed on me because my insurance paid a lot less than other types (an office worker had mentioned that early on). So I had to start over with another program. Best choice I ever made! Persistence. Keep calling. Keep pushing. For some people it seems to come easy. For others of us we really have to work at it. If you want it, and are ready...push!

Ursula it only took my friend three months! That's why I chose this doctor. It just makes me so mad.

It only took me three months to complete all the requirements for the insurance. I was so excited and then when I got my surgery date I Discovered I had a 7 week wait. Wanna talk about feeling discouraged! I have been sitting around since April 8 and still have until May 28. It has been so hard making sure I do not gain any weight while I wait, especially this week because we are on spring break (I teach) and all it has done is rain. Being stuck inside is not a good thing for me. I have everything I need for my pre op diet, for my hospital stay and for my first 2 weeks post op. I have researched all I can and am praying the next few weeks go by quickly.

TLW I feel like being this disappointed has led to me eating more and more. I know don't know why but I don't want to gain more and have even more to lose. This is a hard process.

MzAlice,

I understand how you feel, during this waiting period I too am always reminding myself, not to eat, not to gain weight... This is hard because food and smoking has always been a comfort to me during stressful, exciting, and discouraging times and if I gain weight I could be denied the surgery. I just keep telling myself that I Have come to far to destroy what I want and that's what you need to decide.

I know that if I keep gaining I will be diabetic and develop more health issues and I do not want that. At this point I deal with severe sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, asthma,and hypothyroidism. I really do not need anything else as I am only 45.

One of the things I did yesterday to pass some time and avoid munching all day was look at some of the pre and post pictures on this site. I found it very inspirational, and pray that within a year I will be at my goal and proud to post pictures of myself. Use this site to express your feelings. I know we are not alone in our feelings. I'm here if you want a weight loss buddy.

@@TLW our dates are close...I go May 27th! They wanted to give me an earlier surgery date but I also teach and wanted to wait until I was out for the summer. I too have been trying to keep myself busy until surgery but with all the end of the year happenings at my school, I'm not having a hard time with passing time at all :)

Martene81, I'm hoping once We are back in school,next week I will be so busy that time goes. Y a lot faster than this week did. Since we are only a day apart, it will be nice to have someone to share encouragement, accomplishments, fears, and goals with.

Don't get discouraged. Yes it seems like forever, but all you can Do is wait. I wanted my surgery a month before I got it. As a matter of fact, I was approved through the doctor's office and waited for the darn insurance for over 3 weeks. They were the longest 3 weeks. my car was in the shop and they weren't fixing it very fast. I waited for phone calls all day long. I would call the clinic every few days only to be told no. But miraculously it all came together and I got my surgery. You will too, hang in there!