Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like i am not sleeved

Hello everybody.

First of all English is my second language ,so forgive me for any typing mistaks.

I had my surgery on 3/23/2015,I am in the 4th week now and I have craving all the time.

I feel like I have to diet again and search of what kind of diet to follow .

i lost 5 pound first week and 5 pound second week and no more loss to now

I am sad

I am afraid to fail the surgery.

I need help

I had my surgery on Jan. 12, 2015 and I have pretty much been on a stall for 3 months... I lost 25 lbs total the week before and the week after... I know I am losing weight because my clothes are bigger and everyone tells me how good I look but my scale has been going up and down but mostly the same... The scale at the doctor's office says the same as my scale... I was a little discouraged at first but I know its the inches that I am losing first... I am not giving up on this and don't u give up as well!!!

Also, be sure not to compare your weight loss to others... My doctor explained to me that someone who is taller and weighs more will lose a lot more weight and faster than someone not as tall with less weight to lose.

Edited by TTBROWNSUGA

When I feel hungry and it is not time to eat yet, I wait untiI have sipped a 10 oz bottle of Water. Usually the urge goes away. Another option is sugar-free popsicles. My vice has been artificial sweeteners, which I realize now are teasing Miss Tummy for the taste of something sweet. I stopped sweeteners on Sunday and the scale (which has been stuck for six months) has started moving again.

Stalls are quite common around the third week post-up. It is like your body is pausing to regroup. In the meantime, eat your Protein first - all of it, before eating other foods. This will help you feel full, and the feeling lasts longer than if you eat something starchy. Starches make you hungry for more starches.

It is still early for you. Cravings can be in your head or you may need to be on a PPI such as omeprazole. PPI's help prevent acid in your tummy. Acid sometimes feels like hunger. As your doctor to prescribe one for you. Then make sure you are getting in all your Protein and drinking your Water. Be patient. The weight loss will happen. Do not diet, talk to your doctor or nutritionist.

I haven't had cravings but I haven't felt "full".

I measure my food and I eat just that because I know my pouch can't hold much more, but I don't feel full.

I also hadn't had any nausea or vomiting ( trust me I am not complaining) I just expected a little more difficulty I guess.

TTBROWNSUGA,Miss Mac,BLERDgirl and meSpakle83

thank you all for the reply

yes I take omeprazole 2 times a day

thank you again for caring

:) :) :) :) :) :)

sad - afraid to fail the surgery - need help

@@happpy3

since you didn't mention otherwise, sounds like surgery and recovery went well?

you feel surgery has failed because you are still having cravings???

many people have cravings, hunger etc after surgery

these cravings etc go away for many after surgery but not for everyone

your weight loss is good :)

loosing 10 lbs in a month is average/good :)

weight isn't go to fall off overnight

I wish it did, but doesn't work that way :mellow:

continuing to follow all the rules you will lose the weight

you are eating so few calories, the weight will/must come off

repeating though, you have been doing well

not sure why you think the sleeve isn't working for you??

you have a nutritionist who has given you lots of good advice, right??

what stage are you on??

full liquids, purees, soft, solids etc

if you are still on liquids, puree, even softs

you won't feel much or any restriction til you eat solids

that is when you will start to feel the restriction/help of the sleeve

your English and typing are great :)

so are you :)

glad you joined our board :rolleyes:

the more the merrier :)

i know you can do this :)

good luck :)

kathy

Oh my God,kathy I love your answer.

Thank you so much ,I feel so happy now,I feel hope again.