Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeping/soiling Question

@@Tamster01 nope. I 100% shit my self last night. Definitely don't need attn. It is a real issue that happens and I've learned tonight again never trust a fart. :D

Oh and the medication is called Pantoprazole sod dr 40 mg tab.

When I bought a new mattress two years ago, I started using a waterproof mattress pad. I have not actually soiled my bed in the way you have mentioned, but post-op for the first three months I had several close calls in racing to the bathroom. I had Constipation as soon as I started soft foods, and I think I overcompensated with the laxatives. I just was afraid of having to push a watermelon through a straw again. At 15 months, I am still trying to find the balance. This I do know, that Miss Tummy is the boss of me, and if the queen of my gastric universe is displeased, she will make me miserable for at least four hours. She keeps me on the straight and narrow.

@@Miss Mac

Have you tried Benefiber? It works great for me (per my dietician), everything is regular, no surprises, and I get it very cheap (SHOPKO brand). It takes a few days to work, but I take it every morning with my Protein beverage (I throw in my Calcium citrate, also), and now it is just a routine. Have a great day!

I feel this is a fake blog seeking attention!!

This seems pretty rude and uncalled for. The op has been a member for a while now, why would you even say something like this?

I eat broccoli no problem, but then again I seem to have the tummy made of steel. Perhaps try something a bit gentler like chopped spinach? I find adding it to my Protein keeps me full longer and still satisfies my craving for veg.

The only other suggestion that I can make (as someone who has also been on xanax before), is that the xanax is relaxing you to the point that you are not waking up to your body's signals that you need to go to the bathroom. Its possible you may have been mostly asleep and unaware you pushed out a fart, and coupled with the broccoli possibly being the cause of the loose stools, it created a mess.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I did this twice within the week after surgery and my poor boyfriend insisted on helping clean it up both times. So embarrassing! Hope things start getting better for you!

Problem hasn't happened again. I eliminated my favorite veggie. :(