Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All Readers,

My surgery was on the 22nd Of March 2015 and ever since that day all that plays on my mind from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed is that I had Gastric Bypass Surgery and I have to get my protiens in. Is there every going to come a day were I'll not be thinking like this. I just be back to my normal self?? Does anyone elsse feel this way ??

Have a beautiful day

Prada.

I had bypass 3/20 and I feel the exact same way! Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind obsessing over Protein, fluids etc! I woke up today determined to take a step towards normalcy. I am thinking of finding a place (other than the kitchen table) for my pill box, journal, supplements perhaps next to my desk or nightstand where my journey can remain private instead of on display 24/7. I dont know if that is a good thing or not but Ive got to try.

I look at it like hey, I got to the weight I'm at by not being mindful, so I guess I don't mind keeping track of everything. I find it comforting to see that I made my commitment to myself work for me daily. ???? good luck finding your normalcy.

Yes, you will get so used to it you won't even think twice.

I'm almost 3 months out and am not quite as obsessed about Protein any more, but am definitely obsessed about getting enough Water. I've only finally this week started getting to 64 ounces - and it's because not only can i drink more at one time now, rather than sip-sip-sip-tiny sips, but also I've become super-mindful of it due to horrible, horrible Constipation. What is helping w/the water is I bought a few cases of Nestle's "junior" size water bottles (8 ounces each) and I drink two in the morning while doing makeup/hair, etc. Then when I come downstairs to my desk (work at home), I take two out of the mini-fridge and write numbers on the caps, ie, "3" and "4". Etc, throughout the day till I get to 8. You will get into a rhythm once you understand how much protein you're getting and have some 'regular' meals set up that you eat on a regular basis - at least, that helped me. Good luck!! It's a challenge, for sure, but I've lost about 65 pounds, so consider the tradeoff worth it.

Edited by della street

I feel the same way. My surgery was 3/31. I woke up at 7am this morning and I immediately thought if I don't get up now I'll run out of time to get all my Protein and Water in for the day. I wanted to go back to sleep so bad... And I did for another hour. Didn't get all my water in either. :)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your input, I highly appreciate it. I can only hope that one day my life will turn back to normal and I don't have to think every moment of every day that I had Gastric Bypass.

Have a beautiful day

Prada.

Delia Street. Right on with the Water. I do the same thing with half-litre bottles. I don't always make it to the end, but having the bottles lined up is a good way to go.