Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victories)

I actually exercised and ate an unbelieveably small amount on Thanksgiving - both things have never happened before.

I was rewarded with a 3/4pound loss this morning. Woo Hoo.

Today I wore a pair of jeans that have been too tight for me ever since I bought them about a year ago. I tried them on just after my surgery ....yep too tight...I could either button them up or I could breathe!!!! This morning I could do both. woohoo!!!!!

I've got a fill that's a little too tight. I called the dr.'s office last week to get a little taken out - they made the appt for 27th. At first, I asked if I could come in sooner, but decided it might be best that I couldn't eat too much for Thanksgiving and left it for that date. Thanksgiving day meal:

1 slice of turkey

3 tablespoons of dressing

1 tablespoon of green Beans

2 teaspoons of apple pie

Definitely a first - on the one hand, it was kinda painful watching everyone else stuff themselves (I admit, I miss that too full feeling sometimes) - on the other hand, I didn't gain any lbs, oz or fat for Thanksgiving - :).

Also, I wore an outfit that I bought before my surgery - 2 sizes smaller - that I couldn't close even halfway across my chest - I could close nicely and the pants are almost too big now. I love my lapband!!!!

High heels.

I can wear them for much longer, and they fit much better. I havent lost a full shoe size yet, but I cant wait. I have invested alot of money into my shoe collection, with alot of designer peices, and I was noticing that I couldnt really wear them anymore, they were too tight across my foot.

I'm a Pisces, i cant help it, we loooove shoes.

Best POSSIBLE NSV: I keep shaking my head and saying "I can't see it!" when people tell me how much they can tell I've lost. Today DH was hugging me and said, 'Oh, yeah -- look how much farther my arms go around you now!!' As he turned me to look in the mirror!

I think I might get someone to snap THAT shot for my Before and After photos....I like using him for my 'tape measure'!!!

Nana<----still DOESN'T SEE IT, but can't seem to lose that silly grin today!

OMG - tucking in a shirt ?!?!? What a great NSV!

Right now I wouldn't be caught dead with a tucked in shirt :( Congrats to you whosayadaddy!!

I cant WAIT for the day i can wear a XL tee shirt and buy my pants in those Normal Stores!

In august of this year i was in 6x t shirts and now im just about into some 3xl shirts.

Best POSSIBLE NSV: I keep shaking my head and saying "I can't see it!" when people tell me how much they can tell I've lost. Today DH was hugging me and said, 'Oh, yeah -- look how much farther my arms go around you now!!' As he turned me to look in the mirror!

I think I might get someone to snap THAT shot for my Before and After photos....I like using him for my 'tape measure'!!!

Nana<----still DOESN'T SEE IT, but can't seem to lose that silly grin today!

Nana, i didnt start noticing it tll recently... it takes a little while for your mind to grasp the fact that your looking Fabulous!!!:clap2:

Oh, today was another NSV.

I am a pisces too and LOVE the shoes. I am wearing 4 inch heels today with no problem. Also wearing a pair of pants purchased 2 years ago and never worn - when I bought them on sale I underestimated MY size and was a crying mess in my closet when I arrived home and they did not fit. To have them on today is a true victory and I feel so good that I want to wear them all week!

I tried on a nice pair of slacks to wear to the Doctor's office back in August (remember when every outing was preceeded by a frustrating search for clothes that will fit TODAY???). I could pull them on, but I couldn't button them. I put them aside for later, anticipating a milestone.

I put them on yesterday and I can pull them off without unbuttoning/unzipping. And there's NO elastic in the waist! Which TOTALLY makes up for the fact that I can't wear them anywhere, now...

I was so excited, I made hubby come in the house and watch--it's OK, he knows I'm goofy.:D:D

My next goal: I "pulled" on a pair of size EIGHT jeans this weekend. Size EIGHT... Single digits...:whoo:

Now, they're "relaxed fit" jeans...

And I can't zip 'em (even laying on the bed)...

And "pulled" doesn't begin to describe the effort required to get those suckers round the bend of my a$$...

But I remember August...

and I remember single digits...

and hope springs eternal.

Hi there...I am new to this site and am in desperate need of some encouragement. I am only 6 days post op (lap band) and SCARED TO DEATH!! My fear is that I wont loose weight. Do you recall feeling this way?? I guess I just don't know how much weight I should expect to loose? How often should I weigh? I know myself and I can become a "slave" to the scale. NSV sounds great to me but that would require patience...Something I lack terribly...PLEASE HELP

And "pulled" doesn't begin to describe the effort required to get those suckers round the bend of my a$$...

Bend of my a$$. I just love this expression.