Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV (Non Scale Victories)

:bump: :wow2:

Went walking with my dog (well its more like jogging with the way my dog pulls... for a little dog he sure is strong) for 1.5 hours. When we got home my cocoa went straight to lay down and relax and didn't even move when i offered him food.. And i was the one who still had energy. Before this surgery I was the one tired after the walks with cocoa and passed out on the couch only after a 1/2 hour.star.gif

Just one of many things......I can get behind the wheel of the car and drive again! I parked my big ol' 'land yacht' DH bought me so I could squeeze behind the wheel and go somewhere if I had to ......and bought a cute little mid-size last week! There's no stopping me now!:clap2:

I had one just yesterday.

9 pounds from goal.

I LOVE that my new pants don't wear out on the inner thight ANY MORE.............

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

1) I have some old jeans in the closet that I wanted to wear for my before pics because I knew they would be tight and show off EVERYthing, but I couldn't even get them close to buttoned no matter how I struggled -- well, I tried them on last week and they buttoned and zipped with no problem!!

2) Had to get DH to fix my Bracelet cuz it was sliding off

3) Started jogging this week, and I didn't die!! ;)

1. Being able to cross my legs without leaning way to the side.

2. Going from a size 22/24 to size 16.

3. Shoes fitting better (yes...I am losing weight in my feet).

4. My daughter can put her arms all the way around me and touch her hands when she hugs me...I cried when she did this b/c she was so happy too! She thinks it's fun to show this to everyone now too!

5. I can run and play with my daughter.

6. People at work are noticing my weightloss.

7. Putting on a size 14 pair of shorts that I wore when I was pregnant with my daughter...little tight but I got 'em on. First time in 9 years!

8. I got into my PROM DRESS!!! OMG!! This happened last week...just on a whim I put it on and it fit! I thought I was going to die.

9. Taking a picture of myself where I actually think I am sorta pretty.

This is a great thread and until now, I hadn't actually written down my nsv's. Very motivating!!:)

I tried editing my previous post but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I actually forgot a NSV:

I got my wedding rings resized. I've got from a 9.5 to a size 7 in ring sizes. I was able to try on a ring right out of the case and it fit me...I have never had that happen. I've always had "sausage fingers".

2. Going from a size 22/24 to size 16.

3. Shoes fitting better (yes...I am losing weight in my feet).

6. People at work are noticing my weightloss.

:)

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing that I can go into Avenue, Lane Bryant - and not feel like a freakshow. "This size is too big; can ya get me something SMALLER!" lolol

Ok so mine involves my little sister who has no idea what it is to be fat, and shes very happy for me and what not, but one day she walked into my room with a pair of jeans that she wanted me to go donate because they were too big for her. They were Abercrombie jeans, size 10. I tried them on just to see, knowing they wouldnt fit...They fit. Not only that but my little sister storme out of the house in a temper because she was afraid I would raid her closet...I have never been able to raid her closet for anything except socks..she came home later and i was raiding her closet!! oops

Also another victory is that my doctor says I am one of his star paitents..they didnt recognize me last time I showed up

One more.. I went out to a bar not long ago, and got carded, not a big deal, Im 22. They wouldnt serve me alcohol because I had lost so much weight and now dont look like my pic!! YAY:clap2:

Since Feb 2007

Ive gone from a size 22/24 jeans to size 10

a 3x top to a large!

Ive gone from a 44 DDD cup to a 32 C

I just realized one.....my house is cleaner now. Mopping the floor is not back breaking, its rewarding. The laundry is alway caught up, never backed up! The bird feeders are always full, no dust bunnies on the stairs, I cannot write my name in dust on my dresser!!

It is much less of a chore to get the housework done, it used to be drudgery.

Just thought I would share!

I have gone from 18 to 14 (or tight 12).

I put on a pair of shorts this weekend that I haven't worn in 11 years.

I have only 7 outfits that actually fit me which is mostly jeans. If I have to dress up then I will have to go shopping (darn the luck, and thank God my church is casual :eek: )

My husband can wrap his arms completley around me and reach his elbows. I love this one :)

My son is proud of my weight loss because he also was overweight. He started high school and marching band this year and lost over 20 pounds. He looks fabulous!!

AWESOME NSV'S everyone!!!!!!:clap2: