Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could this be hormonal? Skin changes.

I have read some threads on this, but they have been pretty old so I started a new one rather than bring up an old one.

Anyway, before surgery I used to have EXTREMELY oily face skin. Un godly so...Now it's either dry or normal I can even wear non matte foundations, which I was never able to before. I had to use ULTRA mattifying stuff, and still my foundation would melt off by 4 hours really. Anyway, I forgot to ask my surgeon at my 1month...but could that be hormonal? I wouldn't chock it up to hydration because the rest of my skin got better after i got my liquids in. I'm not complaining, honestly b/c I have more options now. I just found it interesting. Could it be permanent or just a temporary perk?

@ckji don't know the answer but I have noticed the same thing I had oily skin on face after surgery so dry all over the desert lol still somewhat dry but seems to be balancing out

There are probably a few different things going on here, including hormonal changes and the fact that you are not eating very much, if any, fat anymore. I, too, had terribly oily skin prior to surgery, I imagine it was because I was the BUTTER QUEEN! Now I have to put a very thick and LUSCIOUS cream on it (CeraVe in the big tub, find at Walmart), and do that twice a day. Summer will be worse as it is far drier here at that time of year. But think of it this way: if it's leaving your face, it's leaving other areas, as well!!!!!! Yay!!!

I really do think this is due to our hormones being so out of whack after surgery. My face has flared up with rosacea on my cheeks. I only got this read previously when I drank red wine. I also had a reaction on my chest after being out in the sun this past weekend (never had that happen before and I had on sunscreen). I'm trying to get into a dermatologist but none of them can see me until MAY. I really thought my skin would be wonderful because of all the Water I'm drinking. DANG HORMONES!!!