Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:help: I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME THESE DAYS, BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT sleep. FOR THE PAST 2 TO 3 WEEKS IT HAS BEEN THE SAME THING. I GO TO BED AROUND 11:00, SOMETIMES LATER. I TOSS AND TURN ALL NIGHT LONG. I CLOSE MY EYES, I OPEN MY EYES, I LOOK AT THE CLOCK, I GET UP TO PEE, I GO BACK TO BED AND STILL NO LUCK. I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING. I MEET WITH THE SURGEON ON THURSDAY, AND AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THAT. I AM NOT SURE IF I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE I AM CONSTANTLY THINKING ABOUT BEING BANDED. I ALSO HAVE TROUBLE CATCHING MY BREATH WHEN I AM IN BED. I AM SOOOO EXCITED, AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE A SURGERY DATE YET. I FEEL LIKE LATELY I AM JUST SO FULL OF ENERGY, I HAVE EVEN LOST MY APPETITE WHICH IS REALLY WEIRD, LOL. ANYWAY, DID ANY OF YOU FEEL THIS WAY, OR COULD THERE BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME. I THOUGHT THAT MAYBE IT COULD BE SLEEP APNEA, BUT OF COURSE I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE SYMPTOMS ARE. ANYONE THAT CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS PROBLEM? THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I am having trouble sleeping too. I didn't even think to associate it with being excited about the surgery. Mine is next week, WOW! It has been a journey that I'm glad I decided to take. If anyone else can shed some light on the situation please share.

i have felt the same way for some time. i just got my date, it is july 16 and i cannot wait.

julie

I feel the same way! My surgery is set for Monday, June 18th...I am even having panic attacks but I guess it goes with the course. I am excited one minute and then anxious the next and of course the sleep and not being hungry plays into it too. Good luck and see you on the other side.

Cat

i feel the same way also..i have been waking up from the same dream of someone pushing me down in the dark and waking up startled...one night i was even pushing and telling my boyfriend to get off of me..

i dont have a date yet but i do have a date to meet with the doctor..

but i do tend to think a night when i lay to go to sleep what its going to be like.. and all the good things that will be in the outcome..

Sounds like anxiety.....that's what happens when I have anxiety (can't eat, can't sleep). You should get a relaxation/meditation sleep cd and listen to it. I have 2 that I love called Indigo Dreams (if you get this one, make sure its the one for adults because they make them for kids too) and I can't remember the other one. They work wonders!

This happened to me before I got banded! I would have a hard time going to sleep, and when I did sleep, I would have very vivid dreams about people in my life who have passed away (like my grand-parents, friends and other family members). I would have long conversations with them. I also found myself wanting to contact all of my friends, just to talk and catch up!

Now, I'm no therapist, but I have been seeing a therapist for almost 2 years. I usually have some pretty "off-the-wall" dreams anyway, and they have been part of our discussions quite a bit.

During this pre-op time, we are going through a lot of different emotions. We are excited about what our futures hold for us. We know that we are on the right path to getting control over this whole weight issue. But deep in the back of our minds, our subconscience keeps telling us those little white lies and putting doubts in our minds. "Is this really going to work for me? Can I really do this and stick with it?" These are all very normal questions. We have ALL been down that dieting path, so we KNOW how we are! Most of us are diet cheaters by nature! Since this band is not a magic wand, and we still have to do a lot of work to make it a success, do we really have it in us to succeed? That is a LOT of questions surrounding a VERY big decision!! Of course we're going to have some anxiety about it, which is why we have a hard time falling asleep.

For me, the dreams were indicitive of me being worried that something would go wrong during the surgery. This is normal for any type of surgery! But I came through it all just fine, and I'd do it all over again tomorrow if I had to!!

Sometimes, the best thing to do is just talk it out!! If you don't have someone that you can really open up to, then write in a journal!! But get those feelings and doubts out!! This forum helps too!! I'm sure once you start verbalizing everything, you'll be a little less anxious, and you'll be able to get some sleep! Good Luck!!!

sleep issues can have to do with losing hormones as we get older. Some people think menopause is a quick thing, but it actually takes 10 years of

peri menopause where the hormones are slowly decreasing. This can cause sleep issues.

Wow...I've been going through major anxiety and thought it MAY have something to do with my decision to have the surgery, but since I'm not even scheduled yet, I didn't think the anxiety would start so soon. The other night, I was depressed, anxious and didn't know what to do with myself...I couldn't sleep or anything. Just wanted to cry and the thought of "mourning" came to my mind. I thought it was weird, but I've had enough psychology in college to know that my mind is probably fighting what I've known all my life - being overweight. On the other hand, I feel like my decision has freed me. All these years I have "hated the beach" or "hated roller coaster" was a defense mechanism because I was embarrassed or apprehensive about going! The truth is, I can't WAIT to get on a boat, a jet ski, a tube! I can't wait to be able to go out to dinner with my family, my boyfriend and my friends and not have to "ask for a table" because I couldn't fit in a booth.

There are so many emotions going thru me right now - but the main thing I have to remember is - this is not a miracle cure - it's a tool to help me.

Ok - was I just rambling??? Sorry but GAWD I feel better!

thank You All For Your Replies. They All Made Perfect Sense To Me. I Think That I Am Really Just Very Anxious About Things To Come. I Knew I Could Count On All Of You For Help. By The Way, I Had A Perfect Nights sleep Lastnight. Sweet Dreams To All Of You.

Sounds like anxiety.....that's what happens when I have anxiety (can't eat, can't sleep). You should get a relaxation/meditation sleep cd and listen to it. I have 2 that I love called Indigo Dreams (if you get this one, make sure its the one for adults because they make them for kids too) and I can't remember the other one. They work wonders!

I can't relate to the "can't eat" portion of your post....figures LOL :hungry: