Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

early dumping syndrome vs dehydration

7 weeks out...I have been getting 55 ounces Fluid a day. I have been lightheadedness when standing...a lil..not bad. This am I became very lightheaded and SL. Nausea and anxiety...thought I was going to faint. It was scary and didn't resolve quickly. I had eaten oatmeal with sugar... I felt very bad until I ate oil bit of banana. Which do you think? Or hypoglycemia? Or vagal? Idk

I'm not quite sure about your symptoms, but I get dumping. If I ate oatmeal with sugar I would get really hot, my heart would beat fast, like it was fluttering, I would be sweaty, my skin gets a little red, and I feel nauseous. I don't usually feel passing out level sick, but I do usually lie down for about 20 minutes and it fixes itself.

When I eat oils or fats, there are no hotflashes or heart rate change, but rather I start breathing faster and it's pretty much instant barfing. Then I feel better.

If you were hypoglycemic, you shouldn't have had that reaction unless you had gone awhile without having food. If you're getting all your Fluid, you shouldn't be dehydrated. If this is an isolated incident, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I am 100% sure that there have been at least 2-3 times where too much sugar has made me dizzy and wobbly, although it isn't the norm for me. If it is something that continues to happen, ask your doctor what he thinks. The first few months after the sleeve are a learning curve...your body does all kinds of weird things to freak you out and 99% of the time you're just fine. I am now 19 months out and today I got to puke both sushi AND salsa at two separate times. Yesterday I had literally two bites of very sweet Easter candy and I was panting, sweating, and massively hot for about a half hour afterwards. Having 20% of a stomach is a fun experiment in what food might decide to do to you at anytime. You're almost always going to be fine very quickly after the incident and then you know in the future what might happen with that type of food. :)

Thank u so much for your reply! I think u are dead on.