Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fighting Weight

I highly reccommed the book Fighting Weight my Kahlisha Ali. I may have spelled her name wrong. It is a very good book and it does much more than tell her story. Which, by the way, is very interesting. The book is co-wrote by her doctors/surgeons and has a ton of useful information. I loved it because it reassured me about this 'healing time' prior to the first fill. All the fears I had were lifted and I feel much more confident in what I am going through, now that I know it is normal.

Check it out!

thanks!! i think i will pick that book up. i'm going thru something now. i havent lost anymore weight in about a month or so with the exception of my 1st fill. at that point i dropped a couple of pounds but am just sitting there again. i exercise and eat right and drink plenty of Water. i dont get it but maybe the book will give some insight:think

SheSheGirl, I don't think I have talked to you! Are you here in the Valley? Where did you have your surgery done? When?

Shauna, LilMonkey, her husband and I all had our surgeries done at the same place on the same day! We met right here! Well Shauna and I talked while we were in the hospital, but actually really met here on the board.

The book really helped me understand a lot. You can order it on Amazon.com if you can't find it in the stores.

I'm sure you are doing fine, I have a friend who just got her second fill and that did it for her. She was losing very slow up until then, it was almost at a stand still for her and she was very bummed out. It is too cool for me to have her, this board and I read a lot, so I am able to calm myself down when I don't think I am doing well.

Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear back from you!

SheSheGirl, I don't think I have talked to you! Are you here in the Valley? Where did you have your surgery done? When?

Shauna, LilMonkey, her husband and I all had our surgeries done at the same place on the same day! We met right here! Well Shauna and I talked while we were in the hospital, but actually really met here on the board.

The book really helped me understand a lot. You can order it on Amazon.com if you can't find it in the stores.

I'm sure you are doing fine, I have a friend who just got her second fill and that did it for her. She was losing very slow up until then, it was almost at a stand still for her and she was very bummed out. It is too cool for me to have her, this board and I read a lot, so I am able to calm myself down when I don't think I am doing well.

Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear back from you!

hi and thanks for welcoming me!! we never met here but i am looking for so much support. i had my surgery done right here in philly by dr. williams at u of p. i had my 1st fill on 5/16 and right before that i had come to standstill!!! i cant take it! right after surgery and for about a month and a half after i did quite well with losing. i lost 30lbs in 4wks so of course i was totally excited!!:clap2:. then nothing. i got the fill and 5lbs came off and then nothing again. so now i'm scheduled for my 2nd fill in 2wks. i am so confused and discouraged by not continuing to lose weight. no matter what i do the scale will not move and i feel like i'm falling behind. a month and basically no change? you know what i mean?

i purchased the book today on Amazon so i hope it will help and i look forward to reading it. :biggrin1:

please keep in touch...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! i am trying to fit in somewhere and find some supportive people to share with.

thanks!!!!!!:biggrin1:

Virginia,

Thanks for the recomendation. I need to get that book!

SheSheGirl,

Welcome! It's great to talk to others in the same boat.

Virginia,

Thanks for the recomendation. I need to get that book!

SheSheGirl,

well yes we are. we'll get thru it i'm sure!:)

its just very discouraging. i keep saying with the little that i eat and the exercise i have no choice but to lose. its a matter of when:rolleyes:. on a positive note, i'm not gaining, right?:) so thats always good!