Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help!!!!

I had my lap band 6 days ago. I kept dry retching for the first 28hours, after that and so many drugs to try to stop it I was fine. No pain in hospital so that was good. Since I have been home I keep getting these really bad indigestion like pains that go through to my back and up between my shoulder blades. Is this normal? My stomach rumbles like I am hungry but if I try to eat (or should I say drink fluids) it sets off the pain. Is this what I should be experiencing for the first week or so and how long does it last?

<p>yes that is exactly what i experienced. the pain is gas pain from when they fill you yp with gap to get into your belly. try walking, sipping warm drinks, pain killers, heat packs, pepperimint tea, try anything and everything and eventually something will help. it was the most painful part of my whole banding process. yes the tummy rumbles will eventually go away but the first couple of weeks i swear my tummy rumbles could be heard in the next room. it will all settle, although 9 months post banding now i still occasionally get the rumbles.</p>

I tried edit to correct spelling but little faces came up instead of my words. was meaning to say gas pain from when they fill you up. should check before i post i guess but life is busy.

I also think it's gas pain from the operation. It will pass after a week or two. Get a heat pack or hot water bottle to ease it. It really helps so much. Walk around as much as you can to release the gas. Drinking peppermint tea will also help. I know it hurts but it's only temporary and very common.

Thank you for your help. I do feel a little better today, and hope it continues. Gas pain is so bad, I havent experienced anything like it before. At least the weight loss for the week was good, 3.8 kls.

My dietitian said that those giant noisy tummy rumbles are mostly from the "sip, sip, sip" drinking we do after surgery...every little sip takes in air which gets itself down into your "big tummy" and because there's no food there the air just rumbles around.

I had it too and quite a few times my husband was in the kitchen and I was in the lounge and he heard it from where he was!

Dry DeGas for the gas. I too had the most horrific gas pains imaginable, but DeGas is amazing, I took two little magic minty tablets (they're tiny don't worry about swallowing them) every few hours and oh! the relief! Try them, they won't hurt you and they might just work...

I swear it took about a week for all the gas to disappear from my abdomen. And it's got to come out somewhere, but husband was calling me "tuba butt" (sorry for TMI)...which made me laught...and clutch my stomach even more...

I'm 3 weeks post op today, and it does get better!