Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vomiting...but not until four mos out.

I had my sleeve surgery done 12/15/2014. I have pretty bad emetophobia (fear of nausea and vomiting) and have prided myself on the fact that I did not get sick after the surgery. No problems with the pain meds, never got sick from eating too fast or too much.

About two weeks post-surgery I was diagnosed with GERD (yay!) and my surgeon had me take OTC Prilosec twice a day. This was effectively handling my acid problems.

I developed gall stones and had my gallbladder out on 2/17/2015. Again, no issues with nausea or vomiting. A week after the surgery I went to Disneyland and rode roller coasters with ease and two days later flew across country to visit family. Piece of cake.

About two weeks ago the acid reflux started coming back. I tried Tums and they did nothing.

I had an appointment with my regular doctor a little over a week ago and she gave me a prescription for Protonix. It worked great right away, but a few days in I started feeling nausea and vomited. This has been going on for a week now. I went off the Protonix per my Dr last Tuesday.

I don't vomit after everything I eat (toast and pretzels have proven to be safe) but I feel nausea every time I eat. Drinking Water hasn't been a problem. This morning, with nothing on my stomach, brushing my teeth got my gag reflex going and I vomited stomach acid.

My regular Dr said she could give me a Rx for Zofran but that nausea and vomiting are normal with this surgery. But is it normal for it to pop up suddenly almost four months later when you'd been fine before?

I haven't called my surgeon yet but will do so shortly for his opinion.

Yes, call your doctor and make an appointment.

Any chance you are pregnant?

Are you still taking the Prilosec? If not, and it was working before, why not try it 2x day again?

Mine did over two months later, I was fine all along then bam!

I was thinking preggo too! It sound like how I was.

I have emitophobia as well, I was thrilled when I had a name for it. I have Xanax for the panic attacks that come and zofran with me always. I am having sleeve surgery in 4 weeks, and this is what I am so nervous about. Have you tried ginger? There are supplements if you don't want flat ginger ale. Can you do pressure points on the inside of your wrists? That's what I did when I was pg, both times. Only puked 5 times with both boys. Ugh, I feel you. Hugs!!