Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you have lost enough...

I'm still waiting for someone that doesn't know about my band to notice, and say something about my weight loss. Over 50 lbs gone, and NOTHING. Not that I care, but you'd think SOMEONE would notice! LOL!

You know it is funny. Not one person said ANYTHING until just recently. I prefer people not to notice actually. In my head, if they don't notice my 80 pound weight loss, perhaps they never noticed how big I was in the first place. hhahahaha

But ya, travelgirl, no one said anything to me when I was down 40, 50, 60 and even 70 pounds. Either they were worried I'd gain it back or just didn't want to jinx me. I don't know. But now, I wish they'd STOP. But I am weird that way, I really don't want the attention.

I guess I agree with that, I don't want hoardes of people asking me about my weight loss... So, yeah, I'm happy enough with DH telling me how skinny I'm getting. Makes me feel pretty darn beautiful when he puts his arms around me, and they actually FIT, ya know?

I guess I agree with that, I don't want hoardes of people asking me about my weight loss... So, yeah, I'm happy enough with DH telling me how skinny I'm getting. Makes me feel pretty darn beautiful when he puts his arms around me, and they actually FIT, ya know?

I KNOW!!!!! Isn't it wonderful?

I am feeling beautiful again for the first time in many, many, many years.

I LOVE this band.....

hugs

My dear MIL just said it last night.

My response

"Thanks!"

Why say anymore than that right?

LIFE IS GOOD!

I get the opposite, my mom keeps making comments about how much I can eat.. cause right after surgey ya know I ate nothing, I was like a bird with broth.. I was in bandster hell, had my first fill last week and do not feel any different, so she likes to make comments like "You sure can eat a lot".. even though it's about 1/2 what I normally ate.. I read the goal is 1/3 what I normally eat..

Anyway, I did want to put my opinion out there on too thin.. Mostly on RNY Before & After, more so than lap-band Before & After, I see people who look too thin IMO. That's likely personal preference, I've always thought women with curves (hips/butt/boobs) and men with more shape to their body were more attractive than skinny skinny. In fact, at 6'0 my goal is 180lb which I am 'guestimating' will be a size 12/14.. I'm not saying I won't change my mind in time, but I really don't want to fall below size 12/14 for my height.. I want to have curves.. I don't want to be like the anorexic celebrities we see in the papers.. I think that's much more disgusting than being overweight visually.

In fact, at 6'0 my goal is 180lb which I am 'guestimating' will be a size 12/14.. I'm not saying I won't change my mind in time, but I really don't want to fall below size 12/14 for my height..

OOO nice to 'meet' another 6 footer. I am already fitting into generous 14's. I'd like to lose my tummy fat and a bit around my thighs and back. I am not asking for skinny, just to lose this muffin top.

I'd love to weigh anywhere between 172-180 and be a Tall Girl size 12. Yep, that'd be good for me. If I have to have surgery to get rid of this tummy fat, I'll consider that too.

I have no fear of looking anorexic. I will never look anorexic...lol!

When my mom lost a lot of weight, and then cut her hair short, she said some people asked her if she was sick, and if she needed anything, or asked her how she was. I think they were worried she might have had cancer or something. She thought people were being nosy, but from what people said (and a couple of people asked me about her), I think they were just honestly concerned. Maybe people who have had issues with body image and stuff like that for so long still have some of those issues and are going to take comments about weightloss more seriously than they might be meant. Also, it is unusual to lose this much weight. How many moribdly obese people do you know who go and drop 100 pounds? Or end up normal weight after years of being obese?