Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you have lost enough...

I just heard that yesterday.

I'll take it as a compliment, but ya no, 199 pounds is not my final goal. No doc in the world would say I am at goal.

This is a wonderful and supportive friend of mine who said this, so I do take it as a compliment. Still I wonder where it comes from when people say this to us near goalies.

My husband, hinted the same thing.

I wonder if it is a comfort zone with them?

Have you heard this lately?

When you think you and your doctor think you have lost enough--that is what you need to listen too. Stay strong sister!

Denise ;)

My mom says if I lose any more I will look "too thin" I am a size 10/11 and really happy with where I am, but I could be smaller. Most of my remaining weight is saggy skin, and I want it gone. ~Mandy

A good come back, "you're right, I'm about at the goal that my doctor and I have set."

I think I will do exactly that. hahahaaha! Good one, no one can argue if you agree with them.

I am not too concerned about losing much more. I am near 6 ft and am feeling really good at this weight. But I watched Dr Oz on Oprah one day when he was looking at omentums. He held up omentums from both a healthy weight person and an overweight person. The omentum from the overweight person was so much larger. Then he said the large omentum was from a person who was only about 30-40 pounds overweight. In comparison, it LOOKED like it may have been from a person with much more than 40 pounds to lose. So that omentum sticks in my head.

If you don't know what I am talking about, look here.

An omentum is the fat that pads the stomach.

The Biology of Blubber: Omentums of Fat

So I figure this band can help me get to a healthy BMI, then I should go for it......

172 pounds, here I come....

People who knew us at our highest weight will say we look too thin. Why? Because they are so used to seeing us as big people, anything less than we are at our highest weight will look thin.

People said the same thing to me when I got to 150-ish lbs. But when I stood next to women of my height who were thin, I looked like a overweight still (and at that weight I was still overweight).

Just wait till the buzz around your kid's school is you have Anorexia, and that is how you lost weight. That is great for a laugh. Pretty soul crushing, but good gossip.

Chickie said what I was going to say. :) I thinks its just because people we know haven't seen us not fat. I get that a lot. My mom says I am getting too thin. I told her I am in a 34 inch waist and point out others who have the same waist size and asked her if they are too thin, she said no, So I asked her why I am too thin then, She didn't have an answer.

My customers told me I was gonna blow away at 190 lbs. Haha.

I would tell them I had 30 more lbs to lose and they would say but you don't need to !

I would say but I want to be healthy not just look better. That would shut them up.

My family who are very supportive have been quiet about how much and just compliment me. They have been with me thru weight loss and gain it back so the jury although supportive is still out. tee hee

Surgery was in July 06 and this is June 07 and SO FAR SO GOOD.

I wish the dates were on these posts and threads. I am so grateful for Alex and this free and wonderful site.

edie

I kind of understand what people mean. I have seen people lose to much and they would look better a little heavier. I know for me I am at between 185 and 190. But I am just trying to stay here. I could still lose more. But my face now has some lines and the skin all over is saggier. If I was to lose more it would be even worse. So I think that I would rather stay where I am and not have to worry about more skin. Just my opinion though.

I think that's all in the head of those who are used to seeing us on a daily basis, even if we're not exactly «thin» in their heads they still hang on to the picture of the «old us» they used to know and they are suddenly confronted with a new image that starts having little to do with the old image - kind of confusing, hein???

In any case, I consider that such a decision is strictly reserved for me and my doctor to take, no one else.

hang in there!

niki

"I kind of understand what people mean. I have seen people lose to much and they would look better a little heavier. I know for me I am at between 185 and 190. But I am just trying to stay here. I could still lose more. But my face now has some lines and the skin all over is saggier. If I was to lose more it would be even worse. So I think that I would rather stay where I am and not have to worry about more skin. Just my opinion though."

Try doing this when you are in your 50's! Being younger, most of you have pretty elastic skin (barring any specific genetic predisposition). You know, you talk about lines on your face....ever consider that those lines may be part of your face make-up? In other words...if you had never had a weight problem at all, chances are those lines are part of the way your face is constructed. Fat people are ALWAYS smoother than everyone else...heck....we're blown up like balloons! The natural lay of fat and muscle on the individual frame is not soft and smooth. I think we all need to keep that in mind. We're used to seeing ourselves smooth and puffy....and we equate that smooth with the way we are supposed to look....not necessarily so.

Kacee,

Your post really hit home with me. I totally agree. It seems like whenever you see someone that has lost weight their face seems to have more lines, even though they might look younger. That puts a lot of things in perspective. We aren't made to look like we are 16 forever. When we get older, we should look older too. Just look at all of the celebrities who have face lifts in their 70's. Looks kinda ridiculous to me. Deanna

I was thinking....what a great NSV! I hope someone says that to me someday. Maybe it comes from them being concerned that you're not getting enough nutrition? OR in the case of someone who isn't supportive of you, jealousy?

I'm still waiting for someone that doesn't know about my band to notice, and say something about my weight loss. Over 50 lbs gone, and NOTHING. Not that I care, but you'd think SOMEONE would notice! LOL!