Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unexpected surprise expenses

If you haven't tried already, check out insure nutrition. I get 4 cases (72 shakes), optisource bariatric Vitamins and scar cream delivered every month st no cost to me. Hopefully your insurance will cover too.

Insurance covered your scar cream too?

Yes a big tub it's very expensive stuff too. If you are supposed to pay a percentage they won't charge you your portion, just takes what insurance pays only. Search the forms a LOT of people get their stuff from them. They have some special metabolic complex too but mine didn't cover that, but some people's insurance does.

What is scar cream?

It is a form of cream to minimize scarring after surgery.

There are drugstore brands: mederma, scar gel. I ordered silicone gel+ off the internet. A bit pricey but seems to be helping

Some come in creams. Others in adhesive strips.

Good luck w/ incisions!

I feel fortunate Dr Nicholson does not push the bariatric brand Vitamins. Here is the list I received from his office for Vitamins.< /p>

chewable Multivitamins twice daily CVS Spectravite Senior Chewables)

Pepcid Complete chewable twice daily for 90 days then optional

Vitamin B12 2500 mcg (2) sublingual once weekly

Vitamin D3 5000 IU's daily

Slo Fe or Ferritt's Iron daily (cannot take at the same time with the calcium)

Calciam Citrate Chewable 500 mg twice daily (Citracal Gummies)

Many times the local pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens often have buy one get one free vitamin products.

Good Luck!

My nutritionist told me that I could take 2 flintstones a day and to get B12 that disolves in your mouth. I found the B12 at Kroger for 6.99 Buy one get one free. That's it for Vitamins.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches