Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I out of Luck?

We are changing our insurance over to my husband's plan on 7/1/07. Of coarse my first fear is denial because we will have just gotten the insurance into affect, then I remembered out of habit ( I always lie about my weight) I lied about my weight on the forms we filled out because I was afraid my husband would look at them on his way to work. Anyway I knocked off about 25 or so lbs. Have I completely messed up my chances w/insurance?

Lying about your weight on insurance forms is not enough, I wouldn't think, to create a problem with the carrier in terms of coverage. You should call your husband's HR administrator as soon as you can and ask how important it is that those numbers be accurate.

But I very much doubt that the information on that application form has anything to do with whether the policy covers you for banding surgery. You haven't even begun the process of being diagnosed with morbid obesity and submitting a request for surgery precertification, right? You're just talking about the enrollment form, and one thing has nothing to do with another.

Also, your new carrier can't exclude anything as a pre-existing condition if you're moving from one carrier to another. If you didn't have a gap in your coverage, you can't be penalized for your employer changing plans.

Thanks for the replies. I think I put that i weigh around 175 when it truth it is more like 220. My employer did not change plans. I have always held the coverage for my family but my husband just got a new job and his insurance was much better for us so we are going with his plan but there will not be a gap in coverage.

Well, whatever the differential in weight to fact I guarantee you the carrier has assumed MOST people will lie about their weight. Your husband has just hired and so was added on to the company's plan when he was eligible. Therefore there should be no pre-existing condition exclusions, and the information you put on your enrollment form is probably not material to the kind of coverage you will receive.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches