Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9days PostOp: Not hungry...barely eating

I'm 9 days post op. I'm in the full liquid stage. I was excited when I got to move up from Clear liquids because I thought it would help with how much I'd be able to eat. But in finding its just as bad.

I can't stand Soup. And this was pre-op as well. Still can't. I've tried so many different kinds. I just can't stand it. Protein Shakes make me nauseous to even think about it. I'm going crazy. I'm basically only getting in Water.

Who else was like this? I'm depressed cause I feel like I'm failing by not getting in my Protein. I crave real food so badly. Sigh...

I am not much ahead of you at 3 weeks post op, but I know you have to get your Protein in...have you tried any of those protein drinks/ powders that are basically like crystal light? I think they might be called syntax?

I haven't tried Syntrax yet. Thinking of taking a trip to the Vitamin Shoppe tomorrow. I'm just so tired of sweet tasting everything. I could go so badly for a piece of chicken!

You might find unjury chicken broth works. Tastes good and has plenty of Protein. Good Luck. Will you be starting purees soon? That might make things easier. What about greek yogurt? That saved me in the early stages!

How about trying Unjury Protein Drinks, I can't handle chocolate of any kind so I drink the vanilla for Breakfast every morning. Yes still after almost 6 months. Since you are early out try the cream of chicken Soup, broccoli soup mushroom soup. I preferred the chicken myself. Just don't eat the chunks yet. I didn't strain it but some people out there did, was just careful. You can see the little bits of chicken in it.

Thank you. I know I'm not alone. This just wasn't what I had pictured. I keep telling myself that this will all pass.

Try the Syntrax - I'm a big fan. If that doesn't work and you can stomach coffee, get the Isopure unflavored and put it in coffee that's had the chance to cool a little (I just use an ice cube). Your body won't heal if you can't get your Protein in.

I got some Syntrax yesterday and gave the vanilla bean torte a try. I was actually able to stomach that. Got the chocolate truffle too, but I'm kind of tired of sweet stuff. I got some unflavored powder to mix in to things to help as well.

@ladycook9713 If you are tired of the sweet stuff the Syntrax Fuzzy Navel tastes like slightly diluted orange juice... much less thick and sweet than the typical chocolate/vanilla Protein drink.

Isopure is really good. I use the creamy vanilla. And I put PB2 in it. There's a new milk brand called FairLife. It's refortified and has roughly 13g of Protein.< /p>

Where were u able to purchase this milk at? I haven't seen it before. Thanks !

I'm still getting revolted at the thought of drinking my Protein. I'm going crazy. I don't know what it is about it. But that little lump you get in your throat when something makes you feel sick enough to throw up comes up everytime I think about a Protein shake, any kind of Soup, pudding, Jello...

I won't lie. I had about 2tablespoons, if that, of mashed potatoes on Easter. They were so good and it felt good to eat something that wasn't liquid.

Purees start on Wednesday.