Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, my emotions are going crazy here. I will have my surgery on April 27th! Super excited but also very scared. I had the lapband from 2010-2014, until it slipped. I had to have it removed. I was so sad because i had lost all the weight and wearing a size 8. Since September I gave gained 50 pounds and I am ashamed. I literally won't go see my friends because I do not want to be seen like this. It's hard. I am anxious to get back on track and feel better about myself.

I hear so many different things about recovery with this surgery. A lady I work with said she was back to work in 4 days. then I read it can take up to 2 weeks. I am blessed to work from home, so hopefully I will bounce back quickly. I am also scared of failing...Again!

I am not overweight because I did well on my own...I have always struggled. I am looking forward to this.

Hi there. Find your inner strength....you did it before and you can do it again. You did not experience a personal failure, you had a physical issue so go easy on yourself.

I am 4 days out of sleeve surgery and feeling way better than I expected. I get up each morning, make my bed, do light housework, walk around outside, shower, fix the hair and make-up and map out my day. My suture sites tend to hurt just a bit but I manage it with liquid panadol so it's really not an issue. I wish you all the success and happiness you deserve. You can do this Jennxh!!!!

My surgery date is also April 27th! We can do this. I know it's hard but we'll get through and do great! You work from home, so you can gauge when you feel it's best to go back to work. I took 3 weeks off, but I'm hoping to go back after 2. Sending you good vibes!

Hi Jennxh, your story is EXACTLY like my story. I had the Lapband done in 2007. I lost 150lbs. I got down to a size 6. The band pertruded through my stomach and I had to have it removed 2012. Since then I've gained 65lbs. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT and totally unacceptable. I have the same attitude as you also, I don't wanna hang out with friends like I use too. My sleeve date is April 29. And I can't wait to go back to where I was. I'm like super super BLESS to have this 2nd chance to get it right, and I plan to do just that, GET IT RIGHT. So good luck to you and your sucess and I'll definitely be popping in and out throughout my journey.

We are all strong and beautiful! We can do this and we have made the choice to do so! I am so excited for so many things. I know...because I've been there...a healthy weight really feels better to me than a cheeseburger tastes. I just need to remind myself of that on a daily basis. We are all going to be so happy and healthy in time. Here's to smaller clothes and bigger smiles!

Thanks Magsqoti! What a nice message. I am so happy to hear someone that is doing well so fast. I had my lapband done on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday. I am hoping I bounce back this time also. Nerves are setting in, but your post has given me a little hope that it's possible I won't be in massive pain.