Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating mashed beans sooner

I have a question, I'm 1 week post op and I'm keeping everything down ok. I've had yogurt and was good, all Soups good and was wondering if mashed bake Beans would be ok or refried beans this soon? I'm not wanting a steak or anything crazy lol just curious if anyone has had them this soon and if they were ok.

Check your list from the NUT/surgeon recommendation. For me, that was not allowed until 2 weeks post surgery.

My doc's instructions were liquid until that wasn't getting the job done anymore, then I could move to stage II foods. Their guidance was that typically this is around day 7 for most people. Basically they want you to get in the habit of listening to your body. I am 8 days out today and started with mashed black Beans with a little bit of low fat cheese on top. Had some yesterday and had some today. Was so darn good.

I only ate about 1/4 cup each time, potentially a little less, and was fine.

I went to my check up on Wednesday and he told me that I could slowly introduce soft food SLOWLY. I had the refried Beans and cheese side from taco bell (he mentioned it and so glad lol), this morning I had an omlet with egg beaters, some low fat cheese, small pieces of lean deli meat and chunky salsa DELICIOUS & tonight I'm going to try the canned chicken in light mayo with a boiled egg.

I literally just asked a similar question. 11 days post op and starting to feel hunger. I still force myself to drink 16-24 ounces of Protein, but very bored with it and hungry.

I don't need to eat much, but I do feel the need to eat. I had a slice of turkey and a shrimp today. Held it down with no issues. I am suppose to progress on Monday, but I was famished. I've had two separate procedures, lap band in 2012 and GBS on the 23rd.

Planning to have some cream of wheat tomorrow. It is definitely nerve wreaking,but glad to read you're doing well.

Isn't it amazing how much we appreciate the little things right now LOL. I use to hate eggs and I was all giddy over my omelet this morning! Shrimp sounds amazing, I will have to try it soon. I'm not going to lie, I did take 1 teeny tiny piece of my sons brownie and it was delicious. Just enough to taste and say I'm good :)