Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll, how long until you really felt good ?

Hello I am wondering what the average stages are to gain up to feeling "Good " after lap band ? I am only 4 days post op and have lots of gas pain which I posted about ( thanks for your replies ) it is getting a bit better and of course this early on I have pain in my stomach from the band. Its hard mentally when there is no more eating to live , no more diet coke , and no going to food for pain comfort. I know there is a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel , I must be patient I just want to feel physically good really soon. I am very excited but feeling miserable makes it hard, just wondering how long before you began to feel like yourself again ? Thanks Kim:)

Dreaming of the future gives me strength to get through the pain just hoping to hurry and get through this part:)

Yes, I know all about the impatient part. But now I look back and time has gone by. I was banded on Jan. 19th 2007. I was playing tennis after 2 weeks. After about 1 week I never experienced the gas pain again. I know everyone is different, but I did have an easy recovery. Just take one day at a time and you will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel before you know it.

banded Jan. 19th

start weight 212

weight today 170

Goal weight 150ish

I had my surgery on Friday and was back to work on monday. But I would say it was a week before I felt great. The first 2 days were the worst for me. By week three I traveled to Egypt feeling wonderful !

All the best to you

I'm not sure of everyones age, but I think that if you are older, and fairly sedentary, the time before you feel better could be longer than usual. I am over 50 and I didn't feel really great till about week 4. I was not in any great pain by week 2 but I did think that I was slower that most in my recovery time. Just a thought, and now that I'm over a year and 1/2, I feel 20 years younger, and 90 lbs down. I think that is slower than most too, but I'm not regularly exercising, and I am a late nite snacker before bed:embarassed:. Don't tell anyone OK?

I felt pretty darn good by day 4...now, 8 days out, I feel GREAT. Went for a 4 mile bike ride yesterday and swimming with the kids. I think Victoriana is right. I think age and lifestyle pre-band play a big part. I also wonder if one's weight plays a part too?? I wonder if higer BMI patients take a little longer, on average, than lower BMI. Just a thought mind you, not in any way a fact, or even an opion, just wondering.

10 days before I really felt like I was back to normal. I had some port pain for about 3 weeks...just sore to the touch.