Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SERIOUSLY? REALLY? YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

@@PMJ Well for heaven sake don't tell anyone your going to eat it/have thoughts of eating it/ dreamt about eating it.....You just keep that to yourself! You don't want to become known as the "bragging pre-opper"'do you!!?

Edited by Elode

@@Cleo's Mom Well that just sounds odd...people really said that stuff? Like actual words typed out? That doesn't sound right. It seems like I read that post and responded to it but nothing like that. It Seems like maybe she didn't quite realize what all could happen with the sleeve and the adjustments that you have to make. It's almost impossible to know the outcome of this surgery but maybe she didn't get enough information in the pre-op stages. It can be hard to adjust especially if you were ill informed or didn't do any research of your own? Hopefully it's just a phase and she will get better as time passes and she progresses. It's too late to change now. I feel bad for her. Not everyone can adjust so quickly. I feel like I was prepared and ready so I didn't have that depression stage so I can't really relate but with that being said she shouldn't have been made to feel worse if that's what indeed happened. All I know is I'm keeping my a** out of red robin and if I ever do go I'm not telling ANY of you!! ;)

Yes, people said that stuff. Yes, typed out. There are lots of people on here who are depressed before and after surgery. Depression after surgery is well documented.

I might add that many gave her some very good suggestions and advice and were civil while doing so. Dare I use the word "nice" (it is subjective, you know). They were sensitive to her dilemma. Some had been there themselves. They did not have to defend their comments or replies.

Well hopefully she will just take it with a grain of salt....bye gones!

@@Elode You got me laughing so hard over here that I'm about to pee my pants. And my extra full bladder is all because @@LipstickLady drinks out of a straw!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been reading this thread for the past couple days and just want to say thank you. This has been very entertaining. Like everyone on this thread, I'm against bullying of any kind. If this thread was spun off as a rant from a thread titled "Four weeks out..." or something like that, and had references to kids meals and broccoli, then I have to ask where was the bullying? I read posts from folks with strong personalities on that thread, but they seemed to mean well. I must be missing something, because this rant thread seems like a lot of effort around a non-event.

Ring, ring, and the bell sounds! Come out fighting! Gotta love this new fangled Interweb thing.

Here is the original post that was the cause of this thread starting:

Posted March 14, 2015 - 2:39 PM

I have been down lately, and questioning my choice. When I go there, I realize that there is no going back. Stomach is gone, can't come back. Then I am even more depressed. food, food everywhere, and am not allowed to eat it. I think of all the things that I have enjoyed, and wonder if I will ever make the transition to enjoyment elsewhere. I feel like such a "weirdo" not being able to eat a typical, "normal" portion. I get a kids meal and can eat less than half. I keep telling everyone that this won't be forever, but I really don't know if that is true. This week I have "only" lost 2 lbs. I question if it is because I have added "real" food to my diet. Then I know how rediculous this is, since I have only added the average of 300 - 400 calories. Then I wonder if I am in "starvation mode." Does that happen with wls

She says she is depressed over the loss of her stomach, not being able to eat normal portions - in other words - she is having some doubts and feeling depressed about her choice. This is perfectly normal. Many who go through WLS experience this sense of loss and frustration.

She later clarified that it was a Red Robin kids meal of chicken skewers and steamed broccoli but some jumped to conclusions (a new thread she started where she explained again).

But here is what she got in return about the comments made to her post(s):

-She is thin skinned

-Overly affected (by comments)

-Too fragile

-Comments affected her stability

-Such an emotional reaction

-Weak minded

-Mental health not up to par

-Uncontrollable bout of depression (about comments)

-Off kilter

-Can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen

-Depressed because someone said something mean.

-If the only thing you have ever or ever will love is fast food then, yeah, you made the wrong choice. IS EATING ALL YOU EVER DID? or think about life at McDonald's with a kids meal and pout.

-I suggest you go back to your surgeon and have them immediately reattach your stomach.

-She had surgery just a few weeks ago and you think she should just go ahead and have it - why don't you just drive her McDonald's while you're at it?

Wow! There is nothing in her post that even remotely comes close to the inaccurate, not to mention insensitive comments that were made.

She was not depressed over comments but over the loss of her stomach and the loss of food and fearful she would never eat normal foods again.

But just take a look at the comments she got and didn't deserve. And to make matters worse, those who made them defend them and if someone is insulted by them (she didn't even say that) then of course that's their fault because they're....well see above

For the record. Not only did I ***NOT*** reply in that thread, I did ***NOT*** say/type/text/email/private message/mime/smoke signal/morse code/etc. any of the above.

I take full credit/beat downs for any and all comments I make but the above are NOT those.

I've been reading this thread for the past couple days and just want to say thank you. This has been very entertaining. Like everyone on this thread, I'm against bullying of any kind. If this thread was spun off as a rant from a thread titled "Four weeks out..." or something like that, and had references to kids meals and broccoli, then I have to ask where was the bullying? I read posts from folks with strong personalities on that thread, but they seemed to mean well. I must be missing something, because this rant thread seems like a lot of effort around a non-event.

Ring, ring, and the bell sounds! Come out fighting! Gotta love this new fangled Interweb thing.

NO FREAKING KIDDING!!!

If all the internet superheros would stop fighting all the battles for the masses, there would be a lot less battle to fight. I'm still looking for the mass bullying/trolling/hate in the original original post three posts ago but I'm missing it.

OMG!!!! This is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! @@Cleo's Mom quoted what she said was the thread that started my comments, and its so damn funny because that wasn't even the thread I was referring to.

I knew there used to be a fortune teller on television, and her name was Miss Cleo. Hey everybody meet Miss Cleo's Mom.... LMAO!!!

That's what you get for trying to read my mind!

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Now I'm just disappointed. I thought this was all about the "4 months out..." thread. What was the original thread that started this? I need something new!

OMG!!!! This is absolutely HILARIOUS!!! @@Cleo's Mom quoted what she said was the thread that started my comments, and its so damn funny because that wasn't even the thread I was referring to.

I knew there used to be a fortune teller on television, and her name was Miss Cleo. Hey everybody meet Miss Cleo's Mom.... LMAO!!!

That's what you get for trying to read my mind!

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Then why don't you enlighten us all and tell us what post you were referring to.

It still doesn't change the comments that were made about the post I posted - even if your comments were about another post - obviously I wasn't the only one who thought it was her post @blacktee92675.

And I stand by what I said above with regard to what was said to "4 weeks out and depressed" and the insensitive comments made to her. That you were referring to a different post doesn't change that.

And I never named names as to who said what - that is up to each person to do their own research in the threads and posts to find the source. Didn't take me long.

Am I supposed to respond to the @blacktee92675 thing in the last post? I'm not sure what you were trying to say to me? Oh well.

Additionally, this thread morphed into a discussion about those who can't take insulting comments by calling them all the things I listed above, questioning their mental stability to even have WLS, etc.. - so it really doesn't matter if it was this post that started this thread or if it was another post - the discussion went in that direction and my comments still stand.

Am I supposed to respond to the @@blacktee92675 thing in the last post? I'm not sure what you were trying to say to me? Oh well.

No, I was just saying that you, as well as me, thought it was that post "4 weeks out and depressed" that started this thread.

I will be waiting to find out exactly what post did start it.