Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, V! You did it!

Mike is on the WLIAZ site asking who wants Saturday support groups! We need to log in and let him know so we can get them started!

Woo-hoo!

I spoke with Dr. Ortiz today and I mentioned I would like a Saturday meeting and he said then he would MAKE it happen! Just like that! He said that he does a seminar at the Scottsdale location on Saturday's and we could have the room after that! Mike said he would e-mail me personally when they get it set up. He said they would be doing it soon!

Did you see Mike today? Is it normal to see him on every visit? I'm proud of you for getting us Saturday meetings. Way to go, girl.

By the way, I think we are invited to bring a guest with us to the support meetings. If any of you non-WLIAZ banders want to go, let me know and you can be my guest.

On of the reasons I was so hell-bent in trying to get our own support group going is because of all the reading I have done. The books, the posts, the different support forums I've been on and trust me, it is a lot! Everything I've read not only states that we should attend only our surgeon’s support group but proves how important it is.

Here is why, we were all told the same things, by our surgeons, and our nutritionist. So we all KNOW what we are supposed to be doing. Each surgeon along with HIS/HER nutritionist requires their patients to do different things. If you listen to all that stuff too much then you start doubting yourself, your surgeon and your nutritionist. It gets very confusing. I can see this with all the discussions on these boards.

So, I'm glad we got it going; it should be within the next few weeks. I told Mike that Shauna and I were going to be gone until the third Saturday of July so I'm hoping that will be the first meeting. It will be at the Camelback office in Scottsdale.

So.... if anyone who wants to meet on Saturdays stay tuned!! I have to run now. I hope all of you have a happy Friday!

Would anyone on the westside be interested in a group that meets for coffee and conversation? I am thinking maybe Sat. or Sun AM like around 8:30 or 9:00?:hungry:

Yes!! Count me in! I live in Peoria!

How about next Sat. Would that be 7-7-07? at 8:30-8:45 How about Ollie's Omelets at 51st. ave/Olive? Do you have a place more convenient for you? Ollie's has scrumptious coffee.

Any one else?

What is WLIAZ? Also, do you have that Saturday Support Group going? Is it open to everyone interested, or only if you were lab banded by a specific surgeon?

Hi,

I'll be there for sure. I get off work at 8am so I should be there by 8:30.)unless...I get stuck on a call)

See you there. I am also bringing a friend that was planning on the lap band but is having second thoughts. I'm trying to help her remember that it is for her health.

I'm looking forward to meeting you. I need to talk to someone that has been there.

Karen

The Saturday Support group that will be held at the Weight Loss Institute of Arizona is still in the process of getting off it's feet. The dietician is on vacation right now and will be back next week. I will post when the meeting will be. All I know right now is it will be this month!

I will be having lap band surgery in Oct or Nov with Dr Orris. Has anyone had him do their surgery? What is he like? I would like to attend the support group too. I will be living in Apache Junction Oct 1st through the winter months. Has anyone gotten the new lap band? I think I heard that maybe Dr Deborris had that one put in. Diane