Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had a lot of complications (minor ones) and I'm only 2 weeks out but I've been in and out of the hospital a few times since. However, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I really think it's the best thing I have ever done. I've never spoken with anyone that were unhappy.

My mother in law had it done in March and she's thrilled too.

I'm thrilled with my band, even with a few minor issues. I've had my PB episodes, and had a couple of esophegeal spasms that weren't fun. And yes, sometimes I want to be able to scarf down a big plate of Pasta or soft bread.< /p>

But in return for those things, I have lost 65 pounds, gained lots of energy and a healthier body. More options for clothes that I can wear. The ability to climb a flight of stairs without even thinking about it.

Not a bad trade-off at all!

I am very happy, no regrets. I have lost 40 pounds since having surgery on 1/19/07 plus loss alot of inches. I am exercising at Curves 3-4 times per week and using treadmill at work. Gone from size 26 pants to size 20 (and now they are loose). Also from 3-4X and 26/28 tops to 1X and 18/20. My port is apparently tilted a little so they have to work a little harder to do my fills (have had two) but other than that, I am doing fine.

I was banded on 5/4/07 and so far have lost 33 pounds. I am thrilled with my band. Havent had a fill yet but scheduled for next week. I think what I like most about it is not only the weight loss but the fact that I now have control over my eating. I can not tell you how wonderful it feels to have food left over on my plate and to be able to say....I am satisfied. Its the first time in a longggggggggg time that I am happy being ME.

Susan

I hear so many negative things about Lapband.... how many are happy to have done this?

I was banded April 30th 2007 and i have had a great experience. I have lost 30lbs and feel great . It is amazeing how much better i feel in my on skin. I guess it is just knowing that this time the hard work will pay off. ( the weight is gone for good) I just read a book by Khaliah Ali Mahammed Alis daughter called Fighting weight and the book says it all .This amazing women was banded in 2004 and has lost 150lbs. I got it from amozon.com it my shine some lite on you guestion.

Stacy

There is a similar thread that's been running for a week or two, I think it may be called "would you do it again?" or something along those lines, you might want to see if you can find it, there were a lot of responses on that one.

Anyway, I'm happy with mine and glad I did it. I wouldn't be down 44 pounds now if I hadn't. :)

Hiya,

I love my band. I have lost 34 pounds since March 30th and am excited about the future and what it will bring. This is a first for me to loose weight in a healthy way instead of dumb diets or life threatening pills.

Self pay 3.30.07

The Man, The Myth, The Legend... Dr Spivak

310/276/210

Not the first complication and been banded 11 months. Absolutely love my band. Wished to God I'd had it done sooner.

would do it again in a heartbeat.. lost 32lbs and love it... still have to make wise decision on avoiding certain things that slip right through aka ice cream.

I hear so many negative things about Lapband.... how many are happy to have done this?

I wouldn's say I am happy. I would say I am thrilled.

I was asked this question the other day...Heck yes I would have it done again. I just got my second fill this past week. I am down 40 lbs since day of the surgery. I agree sometimes I wish I could eat like I did Pre-band, but we all know that what we did Pre-Band is not healthy. I would not exchange my band for anything...

by far the best thing I have ever done . I would do this again in a heartbeat. NOT one regret ever.118 lbs down.

Happy with my band. Remember this site is for support, so you hear a dispropotionate amount of problems with the band. 97% of banded people are cruisin' and not posting much.