Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tests right before surgery?

Have you had your preop workup already? If so they will probably do a pregnancy test to make sure you are not PG. If you have not had any preop tests done yet they will do a whole blood profile, EKG, and pregnancy test.

yep, in addition to those, because my insurance covered it, i had to have a psych eval and sleep apnea test as well as ekg, pregnancy test and meet with nutritionalist.

If you are self pay then you only have to do what your surgeon mandates.

I bet youre getting excited Laurend, eh?

Soon you will be banded and on your way!

its going to go so smooth, that after you will come back to the board and say "what was i worried about?"

I bet youre getting excited Laurend, eh?

Soon you will be banded and on your way!

its going to go so smooth, that after you will come back to the board and say "what was i worried about?"

Yep, excited and nervous! I can't wait!

I was able to get all of my pre-op testing done today. They required full bloodwork, chest x-ray, EKG and psych evaluation. I'm a self-pay patient and that probably makes a difference.

I had my surgery yesterday. I had full blood panel and EKG two days ahead and Pregnancy test right before. Since my health screening profile was good I didn't have to have a chest x-ray.

Good Luck!

I hope they don't do much pre op blood work

but If they do a pre op preg test on me I hope

the results come back negative....:)

My surgeon does generic tests, and then additional tests if you need it (i.e. if you have sleep apnea, they will do some test..if you smoked, they do some lung test)

I had the h.pylori bacteria test, they think it correlates with nausea post op... bloodwork to check blood count, pregnancy, and that usual stuff.. they did an ultrasound to see my liver, the psychological evaluation, they did an x-ray..I forget why, it was of my chest, and that was it.

Just got cleared by my PCP this included blood work, chest x-ray, and EKG. I also had a test for bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers, and a written psych eval. The last two were done with my band surgeon. I have an appoinment to schedule my surgery date next Friday. Oh I am self pay so I didn't have any requirments for any insurance company.

BigHarleyGuy

You are luck you don't have to do the marathon doctors visits - I have plumonary test chest xray, cardio, sleep apnea - then visit with plumanary dr. shrink, mamogram, pap, colon and then blood work and i guess depending on what all these say - i will get my surgery date.. Oh i guess i should be thankful - I didn't / don't have to have a PG test ;o)

I've had a physical, blood work, upper g.i, ekg, chest x-ray, breathing test, psych evaluation and finally on the 12th I'm having a sleep study.....and I'll be done until surgery.