Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had ONE fill which gave me a *tiny* bit of restriction.

The day BEFORE we fly across country for a vacation; I am suppose to get my second fill.

I usually swell like a toad when I fly. What does it do to the band? ( I'm thinking about how my Shampoo bottles look when I unpack..all squished or puffed)

I'm also afraid of eating too much if I don't have a fill but on the other hand what if I'm too tight and miserable and pb'ing.

I've got 1 cc in a 4 cc band right now. I'm not sure what the Doctor puts in the second fill. He gives everyone 1 cc the first time.

Input? Experience?

Great $uccess,

Househuntress

Flying does affect the band for many people, me included. If I triage (which for me means not eating at all on the plane, then taking it easy in quantity and texture for about 2 meals off the plane), I'm totally fine. If I pretend like the band isn't affected by the flight (i.e. eat challenging foods/quantities within 24 housr), I get in trouble. In other words, I treat flying as if I've had a PB -- I go easy for a day and things return to normal.

I'd get the fill. 1 more cc is going to be fine for you (I bet that's what he'll give you) and you can't let life (here, vacation) get in the way of your WL progress. Something will always get in the way.

Have a great time on vacation!

Great Question! Thanks for answering Julie!

TRACY!!!! Looking good girl! I noticed what I think is your new picture...you've lost that double chin there! I can't wait to lose mine....it's the bane of my existence! Those side by side mug-shots really tell the tale!:(

Well, although I don't doubt that flying may affect some people, I will tell you what my surgeon told me when I approached him the the same question.

He said not to worry, that the band itself will not swell. There is no air in the band. I was also worried I would set off the metal detectors in the airport, again he reassured me that I would not.

I was fine on my last trip with my family. I am happy to report that I did not set off any alarms at the airport, and I was affected very little if anything with regard to my band and tightness.

Thanks to all for answering my question.

I've decided to have the fill and go on about my life.

Waiting until a party, vacation etc before I would watch what I ate GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'll call and ask my questions and then go forward unless the Dr. says it's a bad idea.

Great Success,

Househuntress