Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i have picked my surgeon and have done a ton of research on the sleeve and so happy to have picked dr Zavalza and dr luna. I have skyped with dr z and feel very comfortable with my decision, hes so caring and answers all your questions honestly. Dr luna is the nutritionist and any other company i had looked at didnt have that. Also i love that they have the 2 year post op care and dont just drop you after your surgery and to fend for yourself i think that was the selling point and how kind they are. Iam booked for june 4th 2015 and counting down the days and hours lol also just wondering if anyone else was going at this time :)

So i have picked my surgeon and have done a ton of research on the sleeve and so happy to have picked dr Zavalza and dr luna. I have skyped with dr z and feel very comfortable with my decision, hes so caring and answers all your questions honestly. Dr luna is the nutritionist and any other company i had looked at didnt have that. Also i love that they have the 2 year post op care and dont just drop you after your surgery and to fend for yourself i think that was the selling point and how kind they are. Iam booked for june 4th 2015 and counting down the days and hours lol also just wondering if anyone else was going at this time :)

Congrats on your decision. That's always a huge step and it's when things start feeling really real! Do you have your date yet?

I just wanted to mention that OCC (Dr. Ariel Ortiz) does have a nutritionist on staff that you meet with in person and can correspond with via email and phone before and after your surgery. I'm 6 months out and still emailing back and forth with the nutritionist.

Edited by JamieLogical

Yes June 4th and I only looked at a few companies and they didn't have that and the 2 year post op with the surgeon. Once I paid my deposit it felt so real lol im nervous but excited I'm coming from Canada and have never left here so it will all be so new

Yes June 4th and I only looked at a few companies and they didn't have that and the 2 year post op with the surgeon. Once I paid my deposit it felt so real lol im nervous but excited I'm coming from Canada and have never left here so it will all be so new

The logistics of traveling always stress me out, but I wasn't at all worried about the surgery itself. I'm sure you'll be well taken care of. June is still a ways off, so you have plenty of time to prepare. Just don't drive yourself crazy with over-preparation. I bought a whole bunch of stuff I never actually ended up using!

Ya I no I have a very stressed moment worrying about my kids and what if something happens but I'm sure I will be fine and it's just my anxiety lol just trying to finish saving up the remainder of the money and I'm ready to go

I had my surgery with Dr Z on 4/14/15 and I am so happy I chose him and his cohort Dr. Luna!!! From the beginning to end my experience with them has been phenomenal.

I highly recommend this duo!!! you get 2 doctors for the price of 1!! you cannot beat that! I love being part of their Facebook group. Always very informative.

BariatricPal has created a great team!!! I highly recommend it!! and fyi as of today 13 lbs down (9 days out!)

in a couple of months, I will post a complete and more thorough review but for now this!

Tramadol acetaminophen and they also use buprenorphine for severe pain.

Personally, I was given the tramadol/acetaminophen and that was more than enough. I only felt discomfort like soreness on my belly area. That is about it.

You should check out the FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/856770857736807/?fref=ts

Helena,

I am glad Dr. Z is on your list of options. My advice to you and your friend. Reach out to Dr. Zavalza.< /p>

His email is: Juan Francisco Zavalza Gonzalez <dr_zavalza@hotmail.com>; add him to Skype and reach out to him. Have a Skype interview with him. Have your list of questions ready for him to answer for you!

It was the Skype conversation that made me lean towards him and not the other surgeon I had in mind. After my Skype convo w him, I immediately made my deposit. '