Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One cat at the moment, a rather unpleasant orange and white female. She was a stray and was nice to us until she knew that she was here for good. Now she bites, scratches, knocks things off tables, desks, etc, and plays with them until they are broken/lost. She also empties out our garbage cans while we are sleeping.< /p>

We had a lovely black male who died of kidney failure not long ago. I still miss him. He was a fine companion. Now we live with the kitten from Hell! She is not a picky eater, though.

Thank you for your kind words Yoda and Susansilver.

Albert is soooo adorable. I don't think we can go much longer without a new pet for my sweet Holly. I will have to get my kids to insert the pic as I am technology impaired (the kids tell me so).

My daughters boyfriends mom has been given only 2 months to live. Poor thing, she is only 53 years old. She has two black mini poodles who will need some love and a home and I will most likely take them in. Not the best situation but at least she can know they will be loved and cared for.

That makes me so angry. I am so glad you rescued Lily. She is absolutely stunning. I have a new soft spot for long hairs since we got our 3 Birmans. I have 3 kids, and they each got their own kitten. They have brought so much joy to our home, I can't explain. eventhoughthereiswhitecatfureverywhere

And Kayko, what a good looking dog. I talked to a Japanese Chin breeder (similar breed). She says they are great dogs

Yes, Susansilver, with 3 kids, your family is complete.

Japanese Chins and Japanese Spaniels are the same breed. The care called Spaniels here in Canada but Chins elsewhere. Why??? No idea!

She is a great dog, but has this little stubborn streak - it makes me laugh cause she is so small! Only 8 lbs.

My daughters boyfriends mom has been given only 2 months to live. Poor thing, she is only 53 years old. She has two black mini poodles who will need some love and a home and I will most likely take them in. Not the best situation but at least she can know they will be loved and cared for.

That is so sad. My mom was 45 when she died and our dog was her most devoted companion at the end. He was completely heartbroken upon her death and within a month he ran away and never came back.

No less you count me...

then a handsome, short haired, slightly pudgy husband

Handsome husbands, my favourite kind of pets. I got one of 'em myself.:)

I have one - they are good once you get them house trained. LOL

Is yours a picky eater? Mine is like my cat. He will eat anything. (Thank Gawd!) ;)

A post I can be passionate about!!! I adopt strays from the Humane Society. Some of the strays I have found along the way and not one of them would I trade. I have two cats and one is 19 and was en route to the pound when he was a baby because the owner couldn't have him in the apt. complex where he lived. We currently have the two cats and five dogs! Thankfully, we live in the country!! The dogs were all adopted from the HS. We have a German Shepherd, A malmut, a golden retriever, a Samoyed and little mutt dog. Of all these the most sad to me was the Samoyed, Gus, who was eleven when we got him. He was taken to the HS because his owners wanted a puppy!! They had him for eleven years!!! Gosh I'm glad I don't know who they are. Well, now the old guy, 13 yoa, is living out his twilight years with lots of love and good food!

A friendly reminder to please spay or neuter your animals if applicable (not going to breed).

Sallie

oops --I didn't realize this was a Canadian thread...I don't even live close to you all. I'm in Reno, NV!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you don't mind!!!!!

oops --I didn't realize this was a Canadian thread...I don't even live close to you all. I'm in Reno, NV!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you don't mind!!!!!

No of course not!!! Pets are universal. It's very commendable that you take in strays. It's people like you that we need more of - not the ones who give them away because they decide they want a puppy!

Is yours a picky eater? Mine is like my cat. He will eat anything. (Thank Gawd!) ;)

Nope - not picky at all unless I serve him bean sprouts or liver.

Hell, no! You don't even need a visa to come to Canada!!;) Welcome to/bienvenue au Canada, eh. ;)

All the cats which my husband and I have taken in over the years have been adults. Two of them have been strays and the rest of them have belonged to people who didn't want them any more. :help: If they are not already neutered we get them fixed up and because we live in the city we have had to institute a policy of keeping them inside after a few serious incidents. One animal was hit by a car and lived but it was a very serious business. Two others got into brawls with other animals, developed abcesses and almost died before we knew that they were sick. Fur covers teeth marks, eh.:tired

My husband would love to have a dog or dogs but we do live in the city and cats are easier to look after and I have allergies. If we lived in the country we would certainly have at least one dog and this would be an rescued adult dog, not a cute puppy.

Like yourself, we have strong feelings about giving a home to those animals which are generally considered to be less marketable. And we are always disgusted by those people who treat their fellow living creatures like designer shoes and chuck them when they are no longer fashionable, cute, or young, as is the case of that family who abandoned their mature dog in order to get themselves a new puppy. I think that that is a bluddy nasty way to treat a member of the family, a loyal and a loving member of the family.

Keep on doing what you are doing and spread the word! You have Green's props.

Thanks Green and Susan Silver! I just love my guys but I have to have the HS employees pick out the ones that are going down soonest for me and they have to promise not to tell me about any others. I'm a sap and can't stand to even go back to the cages.

Off the subject a little bit!! I've been to Vancouver B.C. and Victoria. Both places were awesome and we had a blast. My younger sister and I stayed in this magnificent hotel in Vancouver. Of course, I can't remember the name because I am blonde....Anyway, forgive my rambling but my husband and I want to go more places in Canada..We've loved what we've seen so far!