Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One cat at the moment, a rather unpleasant orange and white female. She was a stray and was nice to us until she knew that she was here for good. Now she bites, scratches, knocks things off tables, desks, etc, and plays with them until they are broken/lost. She also empties out our garbage cans while we are sleeping.< /p>

We had a lovely black male who died of kidney failure not long ago. I still miss him. He was a fine companion. Now we live with the kitten from Hell! She is not a picky eater, though.

Thank you for your kind words Yoda and Susansilver.

Albert is soooo adorable. I don't think we can go much longer without a new pet for my sweet Holly. I will have to get my kids to insert the pic as I am technology impaired (the kids tell me so).

My daughters boyfriends mom has been given only 2 months to live. Poor thing, she is only 53 years old. She has two black mini poodles who will need some love and a home and I will most likely take them in. Not the best situation but at least she can know they will be loved and cared for.

That makes me so angry. I am so glad you rescued Lily. She is absolutely stunning. I have a new soft spot for long hairs since we got our 3 Birmans. I have 3 kids, and they each got their own kitten. They have brought so much joy to our home, I can't explain. eventhoughthereiswhitecatfureverywhere

And Kayko, what a good looking dog. I talked to a Japanese Chin breeder (similar breed). She says they are great dogs

Yes, Susansilver, with 3 kids, your family is complete.

Japanese Chins and Japanese Spaniels are the same breed. The care called Spaniels here in Canada but Chins elsewhere. Why??? No idea!

She is a great dog, but has this little stubborn streak - it makes me laugh cause she is so small! Only 8 lbs.

My daughters boyfriends mom has been given only 2 months to live. Poor thing, she is only 53 years old. She has two black mini poodles who will need some love and a home and I will most likely take them in. Not the best situation but at least she can know they will be loved and cared for.

That is so sad. My mom was 45 when she died and our dog was her most devoted companion at the end. He was completely heartbroken upon her death and within a month he ran away and never came back.

No less you count me...

then a handsome, short haired, slightly pudgy husband

Handsome husbands, my favourite kind of pets. I got one of 'em myself.:)

I have one - they are good once you get them house trained. LOL

Is yours a picky eater? Mine is like my cat. He will eat anything. (Thank Gawd!) ;)

A post I can be passionate about!!! I adopt strays from the Humane Society. Some of the strays I have found along the way and not one of them would I trade. I have two cats and one is 19 and was en route to the pound when he was a baby because the owner couldn't have him in the apt. complex where he lived. We currently have the two cats and five dogs! Thankfully, we live in the country!! The dogs were all adopted from the HS. We have a German Shepherd, A malmut, a golden retriever, a Samoyed and little mutt dog. Of all these the most sad to me was the Samoyed, Gus, who was eleven when we got him. He was taken to the HS because his owners wanted a puppy!! They had him for eleven years!!! Gosh I'm glad I don't know who they are. Well, now the old guy, 13 yoa, is living out his twilight years with lots of love and good food!

A friendly reminder to please spay or neuter your animals if applicable (not going to breed).

Sallie

oops --I didn't realize this was a Canadian thread...I don't even live close to you all. I'm in Reno, NV!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you don't mind!!!!!

oops --I didn't realize this was a Canadian thread...I don't even live close to you all. I'm in Reno, NV!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you don't mind!!!!!

No of course not!!! Pets are universal. It's very commendable that you take in strays. It's people like you that we need more of - not the ones who give them away because they decide they want a puppy!

Is yours a picky eater? Mine is like my cat. He will eat anything. (Thank Gawd!) ;)

Nope - not picky at all unless I serve him bean sprouts or liver.

Hell, no! You don't even need a visa to come to Canada!!;) Welcome to/bienvenue au Canada, eh. ;)

All the cats which my husband and I have taken in over the years have been adults. Two of them have been strays and the rest of them have belonged to people who didn't want them any more. :help: If they are not already neutered we get them fixed up and because we live in the city we have had to institute a policy of keeping them inside after a few serious incidents. One animal was hit by a car and lived but it was a very serious business. Two others got into brawls with other animals, developed abcesses and almost died before we knew that they were sick. Fur covers teeth marks, eh.:tired

My husband would love to have a dog or dogs but we do live in the city and cats are easier to look after and I have allergies. If we lived in the country we would certainly have at least one dog and this would be an rescued adult dog, not a cute puppy.

Like yourself, we have strong feelings about giving a home to those animals which are generally considered to be less marketable. And we are always disgusted by those people who treat their fellow living creatures like designer shoes and chuck them when they are no longer fashionable, cute, or young, as is the case of that family who abandoned their mature dog in order to get themselves a new puppy. I think that that is a bluddy nasty way to treat a member of the family, a loyal and a loving member of the family.

Keep on doing what you are doing and spread the word! You have Green's props.

Thanks Green and Susan Silver! I just love my guys but I have to have the HS employees pick out the ones that are going down soonest for me and they have to promise not to tell me about any others. I'm a sap and can't stand to even go back to the cages.

Off the subject a little bit!! I've been to Vancouver B.C. and Victoria. Both places were awesome and we had a blast. My younger sister and I stayed in this magnificent hotel in Vancouver. Of course, I can't remember the name because I am blonde....Anyway, forgive my rambling but my husband and I want to go more places in Canada..We've loved what we've seen so far!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches