Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained weight at around the holidays.

I gained weight around the holidays. I was under 200 not I am back a little over 200. I want to scream. I am having problems getting things back on track.

Robn

Go back to the basics!

Change things today. Not tomorrow. Right now, get up from your desk or computer or wherever you are and go walk up and down the stairs twice. Get a big glass of Water and drink it. Plan supper and make it Protein heavy and low/no carb.

I was in a slump for FIVE months. The holidays were three months ago. Don't let that turn into five for you.

The only way to change is to change now. Finish today strong and make an appointment with your doc and NUT for a back on track visit and plan.

If you can, get outside and walk when you get home today. Think of all the reasons you had WLS and all the benefits you've already gotten. Think of where you could be one month from today with doable changes if you start *right now*.

This is how I am breaking my slump.

Never ever ever give up on yourself!

Change things today. Not tomorrow. Right now, get up from your desk or computer or wherever you are and go walk up and down the stairs twice. Get a big glass of Water and drink it. Plan supper and make it Protein heavy and low/no carb.

Love this! I agree that the best thing to do is to start RIGHT NOW. You may not be able to change everything all at once, but do what you can TODAY, then a little more tomorrow, then a little more next week.

Thank you. Great advice. I a m taking it. Got a glass of Water and walked the stairs up and down. Planning high dinner and will be back to basics tomorrow. Thank u. Let u how it goes.

YES!

A little under to a little over??? I am dome loosing weight, have completed this journey (hate that term) and my weight fluctuates up and down withing the same 5-7 lbs...and I am one of those who weigh myself everyday, sometimes more.

Perfectly normal......

I can be up 7 lbs today, down 3 tomorrow, down another 2 the next day, then up 3....it never stops....but the mean (average) is always the same.

A little under to a little over??? I am dome loosing weight, have completed this journey (hate that term) and my weight fluctuates up and down withing the same 5-7 lbs...and I am one of those who weigh myself everyday, sometimes more.

Perfectly normal......

I can be up 7 lbs today, down 3 tomorrow, down another 2 the next day, then up 3....it never stops....but the mean (average) is always the same.

Same here. I don't weigh everyday, but I do bounce up and down within the same 5 pounds from week to week. As for the holidays, I was a little above my bounce range after a week of mom's good home cooking, deserts, alcohol and sweets galore. As soon as I got home I detoxed all the sugar out of my system and went back to protein/veggie basics. Took about 2-3 weeks to get back to the bottom of my bounce range. But fluctuation is pretty normal for me. Last week I was actually below my normal range and yesterday I was at the top end.

Just go back to basics for a bit, throw in a little extra activity, and you'll get back on track.