Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As the Stomach (or is that Sleeve) Turns...

I've been on this site for awhile, taken some hiatuses here and there when the words get seeming to be a little nasty, then come back for a refreshing new viewpoint on what I have just been through. Surgery of any type will send a person's mental status on an emotional ride, and we have to acknowledge that, for better or worse. There is little way, by reading a post, to tell what tone of voice is used, or attitude that is being taken by the person posting the post. Most of us are on this site to help each other through what are, at best, difficult circumstances and situations. We may seem as if we are too nosy, judgemental,, know-it-all-y, and maybe JUST A hair b#^&(@7, IF you know what I mean!!! I have found, if I DON'T want an opinion, no matter what type it may be, to either wait for someone else to ask about a particular topic, live without getting advice, or bravely ask - knowing I am likely to get all kinds of words (from not-so-nice to all-out magically wise) and attitudes and opinions. For the most part, people on here are kind, compassionate, and are in the same process as I am, the learning process. My particular wish is to help in any way I can, and NEVER to hurt anyone's feelings. Sometimes the truth hurts, and we have to recognize when, quite frankly, only the truth will do in particular topics. That's where emotional maturity steps in and sifts out the negative aspects from the genuine intent. Off to play with a puppy...the ONLY thing to do in such deeply needy times!

I agree. We might not all agree with some of the posts but there is no need to get nasty. I've stopped responding to a couple of posts where people really are going at it. We all have issues with food, that's why we had the surgery and we need to be there to support each other, not knock each other down.

Agreed. It is hard when a poster asks about our individual experiences and then doesn't like what they get back. Guaranteed, opinions and tact will vary. When the subject of unsupportive spouses comes up, a seltered church-lady will give a response that is the poa opposite of someone who has survived domestic violence.

When we see a confession of straying from the plan, people who follow the plan are called goody-two-shoes.

Sometimes I will back off of a thread that has gotten too hot, because responses tend to become more emotional than practical.

I still think this site needs an obvious Front and Center link for Frequently Asked Questions, so that newbies can get some solid clinical information for their earliest questions minus the craziness.

I swear that this site has a typo gremlin. I meant sheltered church lady and polar opposite.