Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am one month post op and have just had my first fill. I have been craving Chinese food and Sushi but I'm not sure about what I can have. Does anyone have suggestions as to what foods are okay to eat? Please also share some of your favorite post op food options?

Eat sashimi. It's just the raw fish and if you cut the sliced fish into small pieces, you should be fine. For Chinese food, stay away from anything fried. I find that steamed fish is very band friendly. Just remember that both Chinese and some of the Japanese food is fairly high in sodium.

No sushi...I cannot tolerate rice....

Chinese and Thai take-out is a favorite food for me...although I stopped eating meat, and breaded and fried things such as general tso's chicken are not very band friendly for me...too hard and rough.

Low mein and similar are out because I cannot tolerate the noodles - (pasta)

But there is a lot of chicken, fish and vegetarian choices....What I do bring home, I will dissect and pick out the things I can eat, mix it with 1 spoonful of rice, (can hardly tell it's there) and wind up throwing 50% of it away..and with that I am still unable to finish it and save it for the next day.

I also like Chow mein, because that is green vegetables and cooked soft. again no rice.

And I usually get a Soup, but that goes in the fridge for later.

You are one month post-op, and although it's good to hear what other people can or cannot eat, everyone is a little different because everyone's band is adjusted differently. There is much I could eat when I was one month out, than what I can eat today...it's a learning curve people have to discover for themselves, unfortunately through some stuck episodes...

I think I know where I'm stopping on the way home from work tonight.

Edited by B-52

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches