Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello i was banded on march 22-07 a so far have lost a total of 9lbs. I am getting to the point where im thinking this is not working for me . I have had 3 feels and still no restiction some one help please . Yes i am walkin also. Couldnt for a while had a bad knee but went to dr and got a shot and helped so i am back at it . need some help please

Hi. Let's see. 9 pounds in 10 weeks means you're on the low side of normal. The goal is 1-2 pounds a week. So all is not lost. 3 fills in such a sort time is a bit unusual. But here are my thoughts.... first, you haven't failed and the band hasn't failed. You truly are on the low side of normal loss. So the goal is to increase it just a bit. And it does take some people as many as 7 fills to hit the sweet spot, so many it will just take you more. But let's sort through this...

Let's think about fills. Do you feel any restriction after? Are you getting a fluoroscope done? If so, and it is showing restriction, then ask them to compare the old and new pictures and see if you are dilating your pouch. I went through that and after we corrected it (easily), I had restriction.

Let's also think about foods. Are you drinking your calories? Are you doing Proteins first? Of all the stuff you've read on this site, what is your critique of what you are doing well and wha needs improvement so far? Let's get to the bottom of this....

You're fine...just need some fine tuning somewhere.....

What is band dialation. The nurse said my first fill evaoerated a little. I hope this 4th fill will work for me next tuesday. Will just have to see:cry

hmmmm 4th fill this quick? I was banded April 29th and have had 2 fills. I do not feel that I need anymore right now. I'm wondering what size band they used on you. Have they run any kind of test to make sure everything is placed correctly? Are you super hungry?

I had pouch dilation. I had thought I needed another fill because I could eat a lot, but instead, my pouch had gotten bigger so I could stuff myself. I'm very restricted in the morning, and best guess is that even my Protein shake just sat too long in the pouch waiting to go on through and stretched the pouch every day. So I felt tlike I could eat anything with my big pouch. A few days of just liquids took care of it. And most folks also need a little less fill so their food can go down well.

If you find that your fills are absorbing still, you might request Omnipack, with is a thicker fill that doesn't absorb or leak....

Jodalelyn,

I would be curious as to what your answers to Betsyjane questions would be....I think since she is experienced she could really help you figure out maybe where you might need some fine tuning. I always get so much from the experienced bandsters out there.......just a suggestions. Good luck and I know you will succeed.

Lori Ann

Thanks maybe thats whats wrong i will sure find out on tuesday when i go in. Thanks so much for all your help

you were banded in march not May right???

I would continue to go in for fills until you can no longer eat more than 1/2 cup of food. It may take you a few more, it may take you 5. It all depends on what size band you have. You shouldn't be eating more than 1k-1200 calories a day. You should be able to lose 1-2 lbs easily if you consume that much. Depends on how much you exercise as well. Julie

Greetings,

I am a newbie --- I need to ask What is a Floroscope? -- I keep seeing it come up. Do you have one prior to surgery?

Blessing to each of you,

Thanks,

Anni