Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, so i wrote the other day about how i had my 2nd fill last thursday, and how for the first couple days i couldnt even keep Water down.......well I can keep fluids down now..But its been 6 days since i have been able to keep food down. I keep trying, ive tried cheese, cottage cheese, refried Beans.....none of it will stay down at all!!!!!!! Im wondering if i should give it another week or so, or if I should call my surgeon and get another unfill? I currently have 2cc's in a 4cc band. I can drink all i want and it goes down, granted if i take a big enough drink i have to wait a few mins before taking another drink....but for some reason food just isnt staying down. I just got done throwing up cheese...three times!!! I dont know what to do. I am so frustrated, I dont want to loosen my band and be able to eat a lot, yet i dont want to keep throwing up either because i know it can make the band slip. For gosh sakes i lost 8 pounds...in 2 days, because i couldnt keep anything down. I like the fact that im dropping the weight faster, but in a VERY unhealthy way. So the question is....how long would you wait to go get another unfil....since its been 6 days since ive had ANY kind of solid food, even mushy food. If anyone could give me any input on this ASAP i would appreciate it greatly. Thanks all!

~Hotpink~

Hey all, so i wrote the other day about how i had my 2nd fill last thursday, and how for the first couple days i couldnt even keep Water down.......well I can keep fluids down now..But its been 6 days since i have been able to keep food down. I keep trying, ive tried cheese, cottage cheese, refried Beans.....none of it will stay down at all!!!!!!! Im wondering if i should give it another week or so, or if I should call my surgeon and get another unfill? I currently have 2cc's in a 4cc band. I can drink all i want and it goes down, granted if i take a big enough drink i have to wait a few mins before taking another drink....but for some reason food just isnt staying down. I just got done throwing up cheese...three times!!! I dont know what to do. I am so frustrated, I dont want to loosen my band and be able to eat a lot, yet i dont want to keep throwing up either because i know it can make the band slip. For gosh sakes i lost 8 pounds...in 2 days, because i couldnt keep anything down. I like the fact that im dropping the weight faster, but in a VERY unhealthy way. So the question is....how long would you wait to go get another unfil....since its been 6 days since ive had ANY kind of solid food, even mushy food. If anyone could give me any input on this ASAP i would appreciate it greatly. Thanks all!

~Hotpink~

I think you need to get an unfill as soon as possible. Perhaps just .2cc gone may really help.

If it were me, I'd give it another few days and truly stick to liquids during that time, even if you get the feeling you could eat something mushy. I think your stoma is irritated from the overfill and now that you got an unfill, the relief is there but it hasn't had time to settle down. Since you can keep down liquids, I'd not worry so much about not having "food" for 6 days. You have energy in storage (fat) and though I definitely agree this isn't a longterm solution for health, you're not going to hurt yourself in days, nutritionally.

Of course, if you're uncomfortable and wanted to get another unfill and then creep back up on your sweet spot, I'd think that was totally reasonable as well. Either way is good -- I'd just choose the former myself.

Good luck and I'm glad you got relief with the unfill.

I agree w/Julie. I think there's probably still some swelling/irritation from all the vomiting. I would contact my docs office, just to be on the safe, side, though.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will call my surgeon tomorrow....Ive probably thrown up at least 20 times since last thursday. Yogurt and Applesauce go down sometimes it depends on when i try it. Ive tried everything i possibly can. I eat 2 bites and bam it comes back up. My surgeon has said when im at the right level i should be eating 1cup - 1 1/2 cups of food at a time....2 bites deff isnt that, not even 1/4 cup. My stomach hurts, I just hope i havent made my band slip, If i lose this band I lose the hope of ever being normal. Thanks again guys!!

~Hotpink~

I went through that and I promise you your weightloss will slow down with too few calories it did for me. Why don't you try maybe just a .1 or .2 unfill. I waited one week, then two, then three and at week four my weightloss quit completely. After my slight unfill I started losing again. I'm afraid you will hurt your band throwing up so much. Good luck with your decision.

Even tho you could survive on liquids (providing they are Protein supps) you don't need to be throwing up....it can irritate the esophagus and set you up for problems in the future. Call your doctor!

First of all, you can't eat that fast after pbing. You need to do liquids for a few days, and let your self heal up. After that amount of time you can try some soft food and see what happens. You will never stop pbing if you don't give yourself time to let the swelling go down. If you can't keep the liquids down, then you definately need to get an unfill. I would probably go for the unfill regardless, you sound pretty tight to me, but only your doctor and you can make that decision. Good Luck!

I was really stuck after my last fill. I could hardly get Water down. It was awfull. I waited one week and starving and dehydrated, I finally went back to Mexico and had some taken out. I did learn a couple of interesting things by being to full.....

1. Hot liquid goes down better and later in the day after drinking hot Water, I could almost eat some mushies.

2. Over stimulation of your salivary glands can cause infection, I got one and my mouth was dying!!!!! I would make two cups of saliva for every one cup of water while I was stuck.

3. I will never leave mexico again the same day as my fill, I will stay overnight to make sure it is right.

4. My perfect fill level is 2.1

I reccomend getting unfilled just a tiny bit, for me I went from 2.4 to 2.1 and it is just right.

Good Luck!