Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out drinking cream of mushroom soup, too soon?

Hello...My surgery on 25th. You guys sound like you're doing well, congratulations! I can't wait to join you on the other side

I'm 4 days out and able to drink some cream of mushroom Soup. I sip slowly, but I have no problems drinking it. Is it too soon for me? Anyone else move this quickly? I feel hungry today for the first time. I am drinking my Protein Shakes and Water as prescribed.

opinions?

Cream Soups are part of a full liquid diet so that is no problem (unless there are chunks in it :) )

It's a full liquid so should be okay and a nice break from shakes! I was able to drink it then. Congrats on your progress!

Is it on your doctor's list of approved things to eat and drink? If so, then go ahead and have it with any little bits strained out. If it is not, I wouldn't

I ate cream of every kind of Soup I could find in my full liquid stage. I diluted it with Water or milk, strained out the chunks and added Unjury unflavored Protein Powder. My big thing was I never drank/ate anything that didn't have Protein in it. Even made popsicles out of Protein Shakes. After I hit 60g each day I would add in some herbal Decaf tea or juice or Vitamin water if needed to make sure I hit 64oz fluids.

How about yogurt?

My surgeon's nut strongly encouraged drinkable yogurt starting day 4. Plain Siggi's and kefir were the only ones I found not loaded with sweeteners and a bunch of other extraneous ingredients. I used Protein powder to flavor. Regular Greek yogurt was allowed once I was in pureed stage.....3 weeks out.

But every dr has different postop diet plans, so I'd check with yours first.

Thanks, everyone

I was allowed strained creamed Soups day 3, as part of my full liquids.< /p>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches