Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 4th update

So, for all of us done at TLBC on may 4th...1 month is coming up. How is everyone doing? My first fill will be on june 18th as i believe most of ours is. Solids is in 2 days. And i had a question about the fill to the veterans of TLBC: Do they do the first fill under fluoro? I want to know if everything is ok in there.

Im not really losing more than i did pre-op and liquids. But i feel good, i may have lost 1 size, because about 3 weeks after surgery i wore shorts that didnt fit before. But i'm definitely not noticeably smaller, but hey...first month, no fill...i'm satisfied so far.

do they ever do it? what about endoscopy after a few years or whatever. I hear thats how many people catch erosion.

I have a question maybe someone could help out with...these seemed like a good thread to put it in.

So what excatly has to happen if the port flips. I see that is something that can happen and I want to be prepared....and will you know it is flipped?

do they ever do it? what about endoscopy after a few years or whatever. I hear thats how many people catch erosion.

No, they won't do it under fluro unless there is a problem with your fill and they "need" to do it under fluro. If that happens, it isn't done at TLBC...you have to go to the Scarborough Grace Hospital and have it done there. Dr Yau does it there for you though (by appt. obviously).

Hi all...

I am a May 4th alumni, and yes my first fill is on the 18th of June, after the seminar at 1330hrs.

As for Floro, as Mrs Yoda said, if there is a problem like they can't hit the port or such-like, you get to go to S.G and see you inners on TV!

As for flipping, I would guess they go back in and re-flip it to the right way and let you heal up again.

I myself am doing OK, I had a death in the family a week ago and at the wake later on the 31st, I had some real food, CAREFULLY! and I did OK with it so I continued with solids CAREFULLY! since then. Today is my actual Solid start date, but I have been on it for 4 days already.

I have gain a little (about 2 or so pounds) since returning to semi-solid foods, but that is OK, Mostly because I am visiting my fav places and having an unofficial semi-last meal there. I know I can return and have something again but this way if I don't I won't actually be missing anything.

I am however doing the protien, veg, then carb, rotaion as recommended by Dr. Yau on the day of my surgery. I am hoping to be fuller sooner this way and thusly reduce the carb intake (since carbs are not overly good for me) it had works for the most part so far. Like tonight, I had chicken Parm with Pasta and salad (ESM) and I had the chicken then salad and had no room for the pasta!

I am looking forward to my fill and some restriction, I'm not sure how much I will get yet though. I think the adverage first fill is around 5 cc (about 1/2 full) but I may go lighter as I want to get there gradually and adjust to the increasing restriction as I go.

So if you are going to TLBC on 6/18/7, for the 1330 fills, I will see you there! also Mrs. Yoda will be there as she wants to hit a monsterous WINNERS on Bloor st. that day as well.

I will see you there. Yeah, i started slowly on solids a bit early too, its going down well. I am anxious for restriction.

I guess its my turn to check in...

So I started solid food 5 days a head of the reccomended date and I'm doing well. The one thing I do have problems with is tuna, I feel like its stuck when I eat it so I'm staying away from it.

This has been an amazing month for me, I started off with getting the band and as some of you might remember me saying in amother post... I used the money I was saving to buy a car to have the suregery done. I was a bit sad that I couldn't get my car but hehehehe I bought it today. My monthly payments are A LOT higher then I wanted but I couldn't be happier with how everything has worked out this month.

I know, I know, I am offically May 2nd - but close enough. I am laughing at all the "I started solids early" because so did I! I honestly want to send around an anonymous survey on how many people DIDN'T start solids early. I am sure we outnumber them by a good margin!

That being said, I am no longer losing weight and can't wait for my fill on June 18th!

Congrats on your new car!! Jurema You deserve it! and the band!! lol just remember to park at the far end of the parking lot and take the stairs!! lol

Congrats on the new car Jurema. Somehow we always seem to find the money to make all the payments so good for you. Think how sexy you will look in that new machine in a few months. Wow! My second fill for june is the 26th. I'll catch up with you yet. I also had a problem with tuna. I put low fat mayo and have it with crackers now and it is ok as long as you don't put too much tuna on the cracker. I tried tuna with a piece of toast and had my first pb. Yuck and kind of a scary feeling not like regular vomiting which I despise but awful nonetheless. The discomfort is over as soon as stuff comes out. Sorry for grossness....I no way can eat chicken breast...tttooooooo dry...thighs are better. I haven't had steak yet.

Yes, I did start my solids early Susansilver.

I have only lost 2 lbs since surgery but my clothes sure feel better. My ex even noticed that I lost weight. We are very good friends. I have my fill on the 11th, I hope it will make a difference.

I had another fill this morning at TLBC. Fills are very easy and only take a few seconds. You get pricked with a needle while you are lying down and then it is over. Doesn't hurt and takes no time at all. Afterwards you will be required to sit for awhile and slowly sip Water. This is to ensure that you have not been over filled.

The time of my first fill I was very nervous. I don't like having my stomach touched and I figured that the needle was going to really bother me. This is why I took one of the demerol that I had left over from the operation. Well, taking demerol turned out to be an idiotic move on my part! Getting a fill is so easy that it is a non event. :)

And it is fun meeting the lapbanders who were done at the same time as you were, trading stories about your operations, etc. while you are sitting around sipping water.:)

as it turns out I wont be attending the afternoon fill tomorrow. I am going to be there for the 9:30 fill due to a meeting conflict that came up.

I can't wait to get my fill done... i've noticed I'm really hungry these past few days.

J

no way! I asked for a reschedule (to earlier) and they told me no. Said they were booked solid.