Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was approved for vsg surgery on the feb 25th. Then last week I was told that my surgery would be on the 29th because they missed the paper day deadline. Just listened to my voice mail and was told my insurance company wants a letter from my PC doctor that I'm healthy enough to have surgery. Then office assistant said that starting this year BCBS of GA is requiring a six month medically supervised diet. I'm so hurt! I've already started my pre op diet. I already got approved! Wtf! This sucks! I'm off to have a glass/bottle of wine.

How frustrating! Don't they know how psyched up one has to be to start this process? Ugh!

Call your insurance tomorrow yourself! I was given conflicting information but was able to have it clarified. If you have an approval you should be able to find out. You do need medical clearance but that is something your primary care physcian can write and fax to your surgeeon to send in to your insurance. You must advocate for yourself. I am going through this right now. I do not have a date yet, in the data gathering process and it is like pulling teeth. You would think the surgeon's office would coordinate the whole thing but that is not the case. I have scheduled tests I thought would benefit my case then hand carried the results to my surgeon. I call my other MD's and prod them to fax results to the surgeon repeatedly. I call AND email my surgeons Coordinator to see what she has and has not received. I have called my insurance company several times to clarify the guidelines. Have I ruffled a few feathers? Probably. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I retired 3 years ago after being a RN Supervisor for 20+ years. These MD offices are busy -don't let them put you on the back burner. Sounds like they admitted missing a deadline. Organize this project yourself - you can do it!!

When you say you were approved for surgery, does that mean that the surgeon approved you, or that you have a written authorization for the surgery? If you already have written authorization they can't ask for more info unless they rescind the authorization, also in writing.

I would definitely call your insurance company.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches