Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SIGH! Another trip to Nashville for me AGAIN!!

i am sorry for your loss.

maybe when you come to nashville under better circumstances we can try to get together again

((((((hugs))))))))

michelle

Awww Penni... when it rains it pours... I am so sorry about your Aunt. (((HUgs)))

Darcy

You guys are so supportive and caring. I take a little of each of you in my heart every day.

I am here in the hotel room just about ready to collapse. I had a bumpy flight from Los Angeles here, took forever for my luggage to come around, got the rental car, called my Mom, called my daughter, called my sister, called my other daughters, called and let John know I made it here without a problem, meet up with my Jamaica friend Ann (she is leaving tomorrow cause her grandma is on the verge of passing), got some food, PB'd three times UGH!!, now I am online chatting with you guys.

Every time I travel I end up with more restriction. Anyone else experience that? It lasts for about two days then disappears till I travel home, then it comes back for a couple of days and then disappears again. TOO WEIRD?

I found out what happened to my aunt. She was sitting in her living room talking on the phone to her daughter and then said, "OH MY GOD! There is a lot of blood." Her nose was bleeding. Her blood pressure sky rocketed and she stroked out right there. She never had a chance once they got her to the ER. IT was fast and painless and she never knew anything. My mom is pretty tore up right now. She is exhausted and can hardly carry on a conversation. I am REALLY concerned about her right now.

The viewing is Sunday and the funeral is Monday. So, I will go to a funeral then book back to Nashville and catch my 5pm flight home. SIGH!! The funeral is at 11am. So it is doable but it will be tight. I can always stay another day if I have to. Just play it by ear for now.

Thank you guys for listening to me rant and rave here. This was cathartic for me. I am kinda on autopilot right now. You know "no feelings allowed".

Penni,

Obviously you have dealt with death for a long time in your former job and from your family situation last few month. But its never easy when its family....even when they are better off from health problems. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and if you can give me your Aunts frist name I will enter her in our Churches Pray book and we will hold her up this Sunday and for a month after we will continue to call upon God to watch over her (till she finds her way around there in heaven).

I always say I want to died in my sleep like my 95 yr old grandfather did...not licking and screaming like the passengers in his car. (little humor to cheer you up)

greg

Penni, I'm sure stress is playing a big part in your restriction problems right now. Plus all those foods people bring in are usually not band-friendly. Please try to take it one day at a time. You've had an awful lot to deal with lately. Sending (((hugs))) and prayers that things will calm down in your life very, very soon. Please give you Mom a hug for us. What a terrible shock to deal with!

What sad news, Penni. When my aunt died, someone told me that we might be crying to see her sail over the horizon, but that we couldn't see the joyous reception for her on the other side. I hope you find comfort in your family and friends.

You know all I wanna do is go get on a plane and head home. I haven't even hit Princeton yet and already I am not looking forward to this event.

This will hit me hard when I see Mom today. Betty Sue, my aunt, was a good woman. I never ever heard her say a bad word about anyone. She was one of those women that always looked on the bright side of things and always had a smile for everyone. She never charged me more than 30 bucks a month not week month to watch the kids cause she knew I didn't have the money. And there were times I didn't have that and she just said "that is OK Penni I don't need the money anyway I just love having your kids around." She was a precious woman.

She was 73 years young.

Penni

I'm sending all my strength to you. Keep on smiling for Betty Sue, and look on the bright side as she did.

God Bless You

OH sweetheart God bless you! You take care of yoruself and your mom, you are such a great person, you can do this. Besides, we're here for you to vent or be sad or anything, anytime!!

Much love to you

Penni, it sounds like you have some of those same genes... kindness and a good heart. Cherish your memories! Hope you get some much needed rest tonight.

Penni, I hope your trip went as well as possible. This must have been very stressful since so many people are leaning on you. Get some good rest when you get home.

Thank the good LORD that is over and done. I could NOT have handled it one more day. My poor dear sweet cousins are so distraught over losing their mom. Lots of wailing and pulling out hair and laying over the coffin and collapsing today. And that was just the preachers. LOL!! Ok I gotta through some laughter your way so I can smile. LOL!!

It was really hard on my cousins though. The funeral started out very respectful and quiet. Then the music began to play. "Will the circle be unbroken" came on and I lost it the cousins lost it Mom lost it. The pastor spoke, we prayed, and then more music, more crying and wailing. Too stressful for me. I just wanna be cremated and everyone have a party. OK?!!!

My cousins have all lost their best friend, confidant, shopping buddy, smoking buddy, and above all those their MOTHER.

My mom has lost her oldest sister and it is like losing her MOTHER all over again.

My Mom was exhausted today and it showed. At one point I got scared for her cause it looked like the left side of her face was drooping. I asked my daughter if she noticed it and she said yes. So I watched her closely but it never got any worse than it was and then it seemed to disappear. I called her doctor after we got home from the burial but his office was closed. So I will call them myself tomorrow after I get home. I want some answers to what is going on with her regarding her colon issues. I fear she might have something worse going on that what we know at this point. Not sure what is gonna come of all this but something is gonna be done cause I don't like her being in pain and it WILL stop.

You guys are the greatest and I so appreciate your support.

I think the music at a funeral is the worse thing, it always upsets everyone. I remember my Grandmother's funeral like it was yesterday. Everything was going well until three older ladies (her friends) got up and sang. It tore everyone up! My son acutally sang at my Mom and Dad's funeral, he sang a song he wrote for each one. It was a tear jerker, but also very special.

I am glad to hear the worse part is over for you. I will send you hugs and prayers that when you talk to the doctor tomorrow you have good news.

Have a safe trips home! Hopefully you can get some well deserved rest.