Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random Question, but need opinions: tingling hands and feet

Hi-Ashley here! FOr the past, couple days or so-i have noticed that my legs, feet, and hands get numb quick. and they get that tingly-pins and needles feeling. for example-tonight i layed down to go to bed and i couldn't sleepbecause my right let kept going numb. what does this mean? does anyone know? i know it most likely has nothing to do with the band but just thought i would ask.

I think your should be calling your primary care physician, this can be so many different things. It is almost certainly not band related, but, only the Dr can figure this out for you. Did it come on suddenly? Is it severe, or is this something that has been progressing? I could only speculate, but when I had my heart problem, my under arm was cold and tingly, not the armpit but the part of the arm that flabs back and forth. My legs were never involved though. My hip pinched my nerves and I had shooting pain behind my leg, but that has all gone away with my weight loss. Please let us know when you get a resolution for this, as we too might someday come across something like this. Do take care!

Victoriana's right, it could be lots of things. One that immediately springs to mind is a Vitamin deficiency--are you taking a good Multivitamin? An extra B-complex could be a good idea, too. But definitely talk it over with your doctor!

Hi Ashley,

It's probably nothing serious but you should really get to your doctor as soon as you can. It's always better to be safe. There are many reasons for numbness and tingling, usually nerve related. Should be checked out though.

I really appreciate everyone's relpy. I know i need to go to my doctor about it but i just wanted other people's opinion first-and this sight it perfect for that! yes i take a multivitamin and Vitamin C daily. along with the tingling stuff, i get longgg dizzy, lightheaded spells. the tingling yesterday was the worst last night when i got in bed. i'm leaving for college in july and have been REALLY stressed the last couple of days-lots of family drama. and i think that maaaybee stress is related to it..? If it doesn't get better, i'll give it about a week, i'll then go in. i really, again, appreciate people's thoughts and opinions.

Hi Ashley

I have a question that is somewhat unrelated. I noticed that you were banded by Dr. Speigel last year. My daughter who is 19 just got banded by him on the 31st. How was your recovery? Have you been pleased with your results and the doctor? Good luck with college in the fall

Thanks

Kathy

I dont think you should be waiting that long. The dizziness you mentioned is the thing that bothers me. The numbness does sound nerve related, the problems I wonder about is where is that nerve? Spine? When my dad had an ischemic stroke, those were his only symptoms. When my heart was in trouble I was dizzy with the coldness too. I dont want to scare you but why wait, If it is stress, you could find out a way to help yourself too. I would rather be safe than sorry. Dearheart, you are worth it!

today was a brand new day! i was stress/worry free and i didn't get dizzy! i had LOTSSS of Protein today-which seemed to help. now with the tingling/numbness--didn't have a problem today. well my neck and hand is soorree but i'm pretty positive its from my 1 hour of tennis friday.-first time to play in a couple weeks. but i'll keep everyone posted.