Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What band to have?

My Goodness, I can't believe how much info I've got from this forum. What I'm wanting to know is what band I should have. I thought I was tough choosing shoes and a purse to match!!!!!! I've heard that the AP band is the new black...... Also, I've read that a lot of people have their bands removed because of slippage, what causes this appart from vomiting. I love my exercise and can really move it for a big girl, sikking both Water and snow, power walking, cycling and I've been know to play the odd game of soccer!!!!!!!! Will these make my band slip? all advice welcome.

Jx:omg:

if you are getting banded at TLBC the dr chooses for you. Personally i like it that way (if you request a certain band they will give it to you). But i'd rather let someone who does this for a living and sees thousands of these choose it. They will choose the band that is physically a better match. They wait until you are open, so they can see the size of your stomach ( if you are big your stomach is not necessarily big). TLBC chooses from ALL bands, so i feel that is the best way to go.

By the way i have the midband. Found out when i got out of surgery and got the ownership manual lol.

Hi: Yes, I was banded at TLBC and the band chosen for me was the French Midband. I too found out after surgery. It seems to be the perfect fit as I have had no problem except the port has flipped. This can be turned back with no problem which I will have done in June. Doddie

1st you shouldn't choose your band... I don't let me Dr tell me how to do my job.. don't guess at his job. Regardless of the surgeon they have a choice of bands even if it is within one manufacturer. And they will look at your body shape, size where you carry the weight etc and then say this is what I have seen work the best with the least amount of complications.

I had the innamed band (it was the only one available when I was banded) and when I had complications and needed my band replaced my docs had the choice of any band innamed, midband and swedish and choose the swedish band by J&J Dr Yau felt it was the best band for my body now that he had choice and I was already at goal at this point... Innamed offered me any band I wanted and I turned them down because my surgeon didn't think the second Innamed band would do any better in my body than the first one.

Let your surgeon choose... and don't stress it.

Hello JetlagJane:

When I went for my consultations, Kathy at TLBC showed me all 3 bands available and told me I could either choose one or Dr. Yau would choose for me. I opted to have Dr. Yau do what he does best. I ended up with the Midband2. I'm not sure if Dr. Colbourn's clinic has a choice of bands, I was only shown the Inamed one when I had my consultation there.

Hello JetlagJane:

When I went for my consultations, Kathy at TLBC showed me all 3 bands available and told me I could either choose one or Dr. Yau would choose for me. I opted to have Dr. Yau do what he does best. I ended up with the Midband2. I'm not sure if Dr. Colbourn's clinic has a choice of bands, I was only shown the Inamed one when I had my consultation there.

Dr. Coburn's clinic uses the Inamed AP lapbands, and they come in either large or small depending on the size of one's stomach once they get in there.

I had the large Inamed AP band. I dont really have anything to compare it to, but I am very satisfied with the whole things to date.

Andrew