Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I please just die and get it over with?

I just mixed regular Peanut Butter with Protein Powder and ate it on an apple. Sounded reasonable. I think I ate a little too much but not enormously so but now I just want to crawl in a hole. I suppose this is what they call dumping syndrome except no vomiting. Just feels horrible. I feel like I never want to eat again. I guess if there's any question I have it would be this... Have I done myself any harm in terms of stretching my slave?

Don't worry, you haven't stretched your sleeve. If you're like me, your new stomach just doesn't like sugar that much and that in conjunction with the apple (apples make me feel bloated) has made you feel sick. For me, if I don't barf, I just lay down for about 30 minutes and the hot flashes go away, I stop sweating, and I feel less like death in under an hour.

Hope you feel better quickly!

it's definitely dumping syndrome. And you won't do that again. The feeling will pass. just stay close to a bathroom and somewhere to lie down and rest for about a half an hour.

Been there, done that! Apple is very filling, that's one of the reasons doctors say stuff like "if you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not really hungry" or "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." I actually LOVE apples and when the end of October rolled around, I was desperate to go apple picking and have some fresh-picked Empire apples. I could only manage two slices at two months post-op and I would feel very full after that. I can't imagine if I'd tried adding Peanut Butter or Protein powder, since both of those are pretty filling too!

Hang in there. Lie down (that usually helps me when I feel overfull) and just tough it out for about 45 minutes and it will eventually go away.

Don't worry, you haven't stretched your sleeve. If you're like me, your new stomach just doesn't like sugar that much and that in conjunction with the apple (apples make me feel bloated) has made you feel sick. For me, if I don't barf, I just lay down for about 30 minutes and the hot flashes go away, I stop sweating, and I feel less like death in under an hour.

Hope you feel better quickly!

you were right on the money. Took about 45 minutes. I had eaten apples before with PB2 and I needed the extra Protein today so went with regular Peanut Butter. Rest assured, I won't make that mistake again. My sister in law had WLS several years ago so I called her and she gave me the same advice, after laughing. I forgot she had warned me about sugar. I won't Forget again.