Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 10th starts my journey

I know i said it starts my journey but my journey started many years ago, I have been obese all of my life. I was teased mercilessly and made to feel less than a person. I learned at a young age to laugh at myself before anyone else could and it has been that way for so many years and has become my barrier and comfort zone. As I grew older and wiser I learned to brush off the looks and the laughs but all in all I define myself as a hermit and love being alone now and not facing the world. I actually dont mind being inside and feel comforted by the absense of ridicule. I know this sounds sad but I really love who I am now mentally. My main reason for wanting this surgery is for my health and also for my inner child that wants to run, jump and play. I want to learn how to do a cart wheel, I want to go on rides at a themepark. I want to shop in regular stores and not have to pay an arm and a leg for the custom size clothing. I am tired of the way the world thinks less of larger people and caters to the smaller sizes. Part of me likes being bigger for the sake of being humble and less blinded by the facade of beauty and acceptance but my health is highly important to me and I want to feel free of the constraints that excess weight has on my own body and life. Thank you for your stories and your beautiful hearts. You are all wonderful. I have been reading all of your stories for months now and finally taking the plunge to be closer to where you are. Though you are all further along I love the inspiration you have given me to keep pushing and swimming into the deepend of the pool. Thank you.

With Love

Bonnie

Welcome, Bonnie!!! I think you'll like it here...everyone makes you feel quite comfortable!! There are a lot of great, understanding and knowledgeable folks here, who will can relate to and guide you though your journey.

Again, welcome...and I wish you great success!!!

Thank you for sharing your story. Best of success!

I think you will find invaluable information here. The information I gleaned from all the people here prepared me for my eventual surgery, I felt I had a pretty good grasp of the good, the potential bad, and every complication imaginable, but I would always live in hope that I would be like so many other people here and have the best possible outcome. So far so good. Best of luck on your Quest to a healthier you!