Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slight taste of blood

Hi all. I started puréed today and I attempted to eat some scrambled egg. Everything seems ok except for the fact that I have a slight blood/metallic taste in my mouth. I don't see any visual evidence of blood in my saliva (on a white napkin). I am struggling with reflux. Has this happened to anyone else? I have a drs appt tomorrow so I will bring it up if it is still an issue. Thx

I did want to mention that I DO NOT have dark stool. I do have a sore throat, burning runny nose and my eyes and ears feel irritated. So I do feel this a reflux issue. I just wanted to know if anyone else has gone thru this. The reflux is even irritating my gums. My teeth also feel very strange.

Talk to your doc but I had weird metallic tastes in my mouth for the first couple of months. Also struggled with reflux getting worse before it got better. It did get better though I still take Omeprazone 2x day.

Talk to your doc but I had weird metallic tastes in my mouth for the first couple of months. Also struggled with reflux getting worse before it got better. It did get better though I still take Omeprazone 2x day.

I had that weird metallic taste in my mouth too, it was worse in the mornings and after a nap, went away after about one month. Yuck.

The metallic taste is from your body going into ketosis. I had it too. You have to focus on getting Protein and that's your main goal everyday, Protein, protein... When your body goes into ketosis, it starts "living off the land" because you're not eating bad carbs anymore. Your body is using stored fat instead of bad carbs and that's where the weight loss kicks in. This is the basis of the Atkins Diet. I did Atkins many years ago and it worked wonderfully. I would weigh, go to bed, get up and lost three pounds sleeping!