Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had oatmeal for breakfast-- went down fine.

For lunch I had boiled egg w/ mayo. This is the first time I have attempted this. It went down OK, although there is no way I could eat 1/2 cup. I was pretty full until dinner. Didn't have an afternoon snack.< /p>

dinner I attempted 1/4 c. pureed peaches (w/ a scoop of unflavored unjury) and 1/4 c. tuna helper. The peaches went down fine, but I could only get down a couple of bites of the tuna stuff. Maybe I'm not ready for Pasta yet. I feel very... tight?... (not sure that's the right word)... but not painful. Just like I can tell it's not going down so smoothly. Don't want to push it.

The Bandster brunch is something I heard about when I first joined the yahoo group. I still get those e-mails but I'm not too active on that board like I am here. But it is a support group I have been wanting to attend and now that I know you girls and the lady at work I'm excited to go! I wish WLIAZ had morning support groups or a Saturday group. I wanted to suggest it when I was there last but I forgot (duh).

I heard (and read) that Pasta will never be something we can digest very well. Then again, I'm sure some can and some can't.

It is my last break at work, the day has been going quickly since I had a new girl sitting next to me.. we were chatter boxes all day!

I'm really feeling good! I hope you get some good rest tonight!

Alright, so now I'm starting to get concerned. Today I had the following:

B: Oatmeal

S: Yogurt

L: Mashed Potatoes (little more than 1/2 cup)

S: 1/2 c. beef stew

D: 1 c. spaghetti (wheat Pasta & ground turkey & spaghetti sauce)

It sounds like this is waaaay more food than you guys! Not to mention that it sounds like I shouldn't even be able to eat these foods yet. Do you guys think my band might of slipped or something? Mike said that we might be satisfied with 1/2 cup or maybe even more.. but it sounds like you guys are still having to be very careful and I feel like I'm able to eat relatively normally?

Oh bother. :)

Eek, I might have to miss the Bandster lunch this time. Are they held monthly?

My husband and I are doing just fine. I've still got some discomfort when sleeping too, but I really feel tons better than before. I developed a weird tingey pain right next to my belly button when I cough and such. It's even a bit numb in that area. But it's getting a lot better and Dr. Orris didn't seem too concerned.

My husband went a day later than us ladies, and he's in a bit more pain and has some cramping and discomfort. We're hoping he gets to feeling better soon.

We went back to work today and darned if I couldn't find a comfortable way to sit at my computer all day. I too was definitely missing my recliner. :D

(Sorry for the delay, apparently I never posted this from hours ago. :))

Alright, so now I'm starting to get concerned. Today I had the following:

B: oatmeal

S: Yogurt

L: Mashed Potatoes (little more than 1/2 cup)

S: 1/2 c. beef stew

D: 1 c. spaghetti (wheat Pasta & ground turkey & spaghetti sauce)

It sounds like this is waaaay more food than you guys! Not to mention that it sounds like I shouldn't even be able to eat these foods yet. Do you guys think my band might of slipped or something? Mike said that we might be satisfied with 1/2 cup or maybe even more.. but it sounds like you guys are still having to be very careful and I feel like I'm able to eat relatively normally?

Oh bother. :D

LilMonkey,

Sounds like you are doing good. Until today, I have been eating 5-6 times a day. I couldn't handle it today with more solid food, though. The egg did me in.:) I have since had a SF pudding, too. Didn't fill me up at all. I think the pureed stuff just slips right through. Anyway, I wonder if I'm eating enough. Sometimes (like when I stand up or get out of bed) I feel a little bit lightheaded. Anyone else? I'm wondering if it's because I'm not eating enough? I've hardly had any Protein today. I think I'll go make a shake.

Glad you are back and doing well.

Oh, forgot to mention.....

All of my paperwork says to not eat over 1/2 cup EVER. There have been so many times I could have eaten more. How do you know how much to eat? I have literally been measuring 1/2 cup for each meal and only eating that amount.

When I talked to Mike last Thursday he explained to me that when we first come from surgery we are swollen, that is why we first felt restriction. As we heal the swelling goes down and the easier it is to eat soft foods. They go down easier. Dr. Orris said it was OK gulp Water now.

I was real stressed when I started to eat more. But I use fitday.com and I input everything I eat each day and so far I have not gone above 1100 calories. Mike said at this stage of the game that is a good figure. Remember we are still healing.

When I make my lunch for work I use several 1 cup little containers and only fill them half full, some a little more than others. But each container is under 200 calories.

LilMonkey: The Banster Brunch is monthly. The second Saturday of each month at the same place same time.

It is very hard sitting at the computer at work all shift. I am short and my desk rubs right where my incisions are, especially my port. I am constantly placing my hand on my port area to protect it. I wonder if I will ever sit at my desk without my tummy hitting it?

You talked to Mike at your post-op? Hmmmm....... must be a conspiracy against me. Mike didn't come talk to me at my post op. :)

I am new to the board, although have been lurking for awhile. I am in month two of my supervised 6 month diet. I am sooo looking forward to joining all of you on the losing side.

I may be the oldest here. I am 64 and ready to start a healthy new life.

I will try to join you on Sat, June 9 at Chili's. How will I identify the group when I get there? I look forward to putting faces to all your names.:nervous

I am new to the board, although have been lurking for awhile. I am in month two of my supervised 6 month diet. I am sooo looking forward to joining all of you on the losing side.

I may be the oldest here. I am 64 and ready to start a healthy new life.

I will try to join you on Sat, June 9 at Chili's. How will I identify the group when I get there? I look forward to putting faces to all your names.:nervous

Newlife,

Yeah! So glad to have you here! The support is great! As to how to find us..... hmmmmmm! That is a good question! Virginia?

Anyway, where do you live and what doctor are you going through?

Welcome aboard!

Shauna

Thanks Shauna! I feel a bit better about what I'm doing. I try not to compare us too much, since everyone heals differently.. But sometimes I just get totally insecure. ;)

Welcome newlife! Glad you decided to drop by! I've not heard of Dr. Blackstone. Are you pretty happy with them?

Thanks for the welcome messages.

LilMonkey..Dr. Blackstone is at Scottsdale Bariatric. I have heard nothing but good things about her.

Hope to meet you on Saturday at Chili's.

Karen

I have also heard good things about Scottsdale Bariatric. I'm sure you are in good hands. I look forward to meeting you on Saturday, Karen.

On a completely different note: I am so hungry today! 1/2 a cup of mush is NOT cutting it. There is a bag of chocolate chip Cookies in the cabinet calling my name. HELP! I think I'm going to try to put the kids down for a nap and join them. If I'm sleeping, I can't eat.