Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems since surgery

Hi my name is Robin! I had Lapband surgery April 5,2007. For 1 week everything was okay, however I was not eating just drinking. Then my husband and I went out to eat ,I ordered cream Soup and immediatly started throwing up. This continued and my doctors office tried several different things, including totally making sure the band had no air or fluid.Also I need to mention I had a Hiatel Hernia repaired at the time of surgery. My doctor felt like my esophagus was swollen so he started me on a dose pak of steroids I thought that was helping. The Monday after I started the meds I woke up very sick throwing up and severe diarrhea, nothing stayed down for one whole week. I went to my family doctor and I was suffering from severe dehydration, and he was a little unsure of treating me he wanted me to go back to my surgeon. He called my surgeon and he agreed to see me the next day at 2:00. When I saw him he just wanted to make sure I knew what he had done was not causing these problems. He finally did agree to give me a bag of fluids, neither doctor could pick up a blood pressure.I'm a little better, I usually only throw up once a day.This week I started a new sympton swelling I called my surgeon again he let me know it was'nt the Lapband. My family doctor precribed a diuretic. The swelling is much better. Can anyone relate? Please help if you can.

Princessrobin, I am SO sorry you're going through this. It must be so scary for you and even more so because your surgeon won't look into because he's convinced it's not the band AND your pcp isn't really doing much BECAUSE of the lapband. I wish I had advice for you. I hope some of our forum nurses and docs can shed some light for you.

I wish we knew what makes us swell and why some of us are to tight to eat Breakfast, Soup for lunch and then can get something down for dinner. I swell after every single fill almost. My bp meds have a diuretic in them and that does not seem to make any difference with me. My doc has me swigging 2 teas of carafate suspension before meals and at bedtime if I have swelling.

If you all know what causes the swelling then post it for sure!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches