Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

Zannie, the one with the green lid (the pictured one) is unscented. It really has no smell. You might try it, I don't know how it would do for someone with allergies.

Babygrl, you're doing SO great!!!

Thanks....today is *gulp* 20 straight minutes of running. Yeah, I am a bit intimidated. It is also weigh in day. If I lose 2 pounds I could have new shoes for running!!!! Argh the suspense is killing me I need to get into work!

*****EDIT*******

Guess who lost 3 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited to get shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I just had to share.

:first::clap2::whoo::hail::rockon:

YOU ROCK!!! You're leaving me in the dust.... I need to get busy! I only did 15 minutes of exercise yesterday...

In the dust nothing. You are only 3 pounds behind me. And maybe not anymore. We had a potluck and I ate like a pig. I am feeling like death right now!!!! I just may have gained all three pounds back.

LOL, I bet you'll be surprised to find that you didn't gain any...I think a splurge once in a blue moon doesn't hurt us as badly as we think. Even though it makes us feel like total dogs#!t, physically, for awhile afterward.

30 minutes down for today! 15 to go! I want a bodybugg or an actitrainer SO bad I can taste it....I want positive reinforcement and immediate feedback to see how I'm doing...

I'm (supposed to be) off to walk the midnight lap at our local Relay For Life (cancer awareness) in about an hour. But a huge electric storm has settled over my area, so I'm not sure how this is going to play out.

My mom (a support person) & our long-time neighbor (fighting uterine cancer now) have been there since 3pm, so I really want to go show my support. May this storm pass soon! What a crappy day it has been for this Relay -- 102 was the high & now an electric storm. Ugh.

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

5 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Great Job Travelgirl.

Zannie, Sorry about your crappy weather. We dealt with a little bit today. Of course it hit right smack in the middle of our walk at work. Luckily it did not rain too long and scrubs dry really fast lol.

I don't know if it is the running, I don't know if it is the weight loss, I don't know if it is the fact that I seem to just be pushing myself more than I ever have before, but you know what? I rode my bike 11.2 miles to work today!!!!!!

I don't feel like I am going to die though I am going to have DH pick me up. I am on some sort of exercise high right now, I can't even explain it. Wow.

That's awesome! I wish I could get excited about working out....I just can't do it. I always don't wan't to, but I usually just do it, anyway. I hate slogging through my workouts. The only thing I really do enjoy is walking outside if the air is cool and fresh, or riding my bike, but I still can't ride my bike very long, although it is getting a little better every time I ride.

I was shocked that I made it to work. I kept saying to myself to just make it to the next street and once I got there I would tell myself to go the next one. Actually the first 3 miles were harder than the last 3. I wanted to give up a mile from my house but I said screw it I am jsut going to go.

I want a bodybugg or actitrainer so bad too. I just can't afford it.

TravelGirl, I'm with you on not being excited to work out! It's not awful while I'm doing it (or at least the treadmill isn't, I'm still not sure about the strength training:p), but the starting of it is the problem. I don't wannnnnna!!!!!! Of course, that has always BEEN my problem! :heh:

I wish I could hit a high like you have, BabyGrl! I fantasize myself becoming enamored by fitness & running around town 2 years from now all trim & fit wearing leggings & a sports bra (well, something's gotta lift & hold the girls in place because they're now flat as pancakes & drooping to the ground -- all my weight loss is from my boobs & hands:paranoid)! But at this rate, that ain't gonna happen!!!!

The only way to make your dreams come true is to stop DREAMING and go DO IT!!!! That's the advice I'd give anyone else, but I cannot seem to convince myself that exercising is an exciting part of this journey! :phanvan

As a side-note, the storm got so bad last night that Relay-For-Life was abandoned... (I hope that's not how the cancer patients feel this morning!) I was pumped to go and put in an hour on the track (2 miles -- not that I have EVER done that before), but NOT pumped enough to get on the treadmill & do the same once I got word not to come to the relay! :straight

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

5 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

In the dust nothing. You are only 3 pounds behind me. And maybe not anymore. We had a potluck and I ate like a pig. I am feeling like death right now!!!! I just may have gained all three pounds back.

;):clap2::nervous:D I cant get over your workout's, you're doing wonderful, wish you lived by me, I would follow you to the GYM. I only walked, work in the yard and ate this weekend, I was very bad, don't want to get on the scale........ Ice Cream, Pie :hungry: I was bad. Tommorrow I'm starting over. Drinking my Water, short on working out. I'll be at the gym also.

You give me Encouragement!!!!!! Keep it up.....

Banded 2-15-2007

No insurance

Weight 352

Was 299 as of last Tuesady

Thanks, Wallygirl

I slacked off this weekend, and only did 15 minutes each day, I've stopped counting my workouts for the month, I just can't seem to stay consistent. BUT....I'm not giving up, I'm just not keeping track. At the end of the month, I'll go back through this thread and see how many workouts I've done.

Meantime, I've done 15 minutes so far today!

Babygrl, how did the 20 minute run go the other day?

The run went pretty well. I made it the whole 20 minutes. My new shoes feel...well, different. I don't know if they don't fit right or if every other pair of shoes I have had did not fit right. I am going to give them a couple more workouts and see.

I am also pretty bad with my food. Not as bad as I used to be but bad for a bandster. That is probably why I work out so much. I have to over compinsate for my poor eating.

Today I rode my bike to work again and rode it home. But my friggin pedal effing fell off on the way home, maybe like 4 miles into my ride. SO I had to stop, find the bolt, put it back on with my hands and stop every 3 minutes or so to tighten the bolt. Pain in the ass. But I did learn that the trip home is much more downhill than the trip to work. Makes it easy after a day of work.

I had an appointment with my Dr. today. Actually the first appointemnt where I did not get a fill lol. The Queen of Fills has finally reached restriction. He said I am doing well and took a look at my stomach. He said I am going to have a hanging pannus so he started the documentation for insurance purposes for plastic surgery. This is just another reason I love that man lol. Not only does he give me the surgery that is changing my life but he is going to help me get the plastics to go along with it. The thought of a flat stomach just makes me want to go running.

Did you guys know Slim Fast makes protien bars now? 190 cal, 6 fat, 20 carb, 15 Protein. I know the carbs are a little high but they are really quite a tasty way to get in 15 grams of Protein.< /p>