Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

That was the first hummus I have had in years. The last time I tried it I thought it was nasty. So I figured what the hell, I might as well have a taste. Wow was I missing some good stuff. Especially with those spicy chips!

Yum, I like hummus too. I like the food accountability too.

Here's my day

Protein shake

2 slice of turkey pastramie 1 string cheese

chek mix, hotfries, pringles, sunflower seeds (junk food, traveling so was bored and ate0)

1 taco bell taco

2 chickn mcnuggets

8oz milk

2 Fiber wafers

30 oz Water

I really need to up my Protein and exercise. I'm been taking the stairs at work, so getting a little. Bobybugg is calling my name.

What's up with that?!? I have not been getting any of these posts. Gonna have to go check my settings since there've been new changes at LBT ...

I've also slacked off! Shesh! 13 of 15 workouts -- I've still got time, but damn! You'd have thought I'd be able to pull out every-other-day. Argh -- I'm disappointed with my efforts these last few days. Time to get it in gear. I totally gained back 2-1/2 lbs after having reached the 50# mark, according to my unofficial weigh-in last Thursday. That was a real blow to my motivation. I've been very strict with my food intake since Friday AM, so hopefully tomorrow's unofficial weigh-in will go in my direction! But it's as if my focused food effort replaced the exercise one...

My baby girl's 2nd birthday is Friday & her party will be Sunday. Plus there's the big BBQ on the 4th... So food temptations are ahead. My next fill is set for July 5th, but I've still got good restriction from the last one IMO. It'll be interesting to see what Dr. T says!

I have not gone back yet to read the new posts y'all've made in my unintentional absence, so pardon me if it's already been decided... What's the July Challenge gonna be? Or are we bringing that discussion to the main Feb board in hopes of inspiring a few more takers? I really liked this levels thing, personally.

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

13 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

So far today, I've had a LITE string cheese and a small can (5 oz) of V8 juice.

So far, so good.... Now I need to go for a walk.

Welcome back, Zannie! I think we're trying to get some food accountability going, I really need to be held accountable for my food choices....check my posts from yesterday, and you'll see why... and I'm not sure how the exercise challenge is going to work yet. I'm thinking my exercise goals for next month will be as follows: 30 minutes a day for 20 days PLUS 15 minutes for the remainder....so I'm shooting for a grand total of 765 minutes of exercise next month. Maybe if I break it down to minutes, I'll be more motivated to make the total I'm shooting for smaller....I don't know....

Hey Zannie, glad to see you have made it back. We don't have a challenge yet and I definitly think we shold bring it to the main Feb board. I like the tier thing and want to do it again. Plus if we want we can post our food for accountability. Speaking of which I have had a Slimfast protien bar today. I will have lunch after I ride back home since I am only working a half day.

Zannie good luck with the weekend. Lucky for me I can't eat cake without PBing so I would be safe there. You will get up and over 50 again soon so so don't lose too much steam.

Okay - food accountability... I can do that.

Today's not far enough begun for me to have screwed up! :-P Still working on my morning Protein shake. :-D

Yesterday was good too -- I already told y'all that I've been really focused on food choices, blaming the 3 "real" Desserts in a week on my 2-12 # gain last Thursday.

Yesterday I ate:

1 25g.-scoop Protein Shake made with Water & coffee powder

1 slice low-carb bread with deli turkey & Munster - toasted, dipped in ranch

1 mozzarella string cheese

small Cereal bowl of chicken casserole (low-carb)

1 scoop Splenda, low-fat mint-chip ice cream

Water -- not enough :-P

exercise -- none

So not a saint :angel:, but nor was I a sinner :evil:...

Just an idea... Would any of you like to regularly post your daily intake on a separate thread? Not a challenge exactly, just a running place where you can go for accountability and maybe suggestions/input?

I'm awful about journaling my diet, but if it is something on-line that I can run off just to keep me honest, then maybe I'd be a little bit more inclined to make entries! :-P I just hate missing dates in a food journal!!

What do you think? :confused:

Yeah, I was thinking of a separate thread for food accountability.... I'll post over in the Feb 07 Bandster's thread about it to see if we can get any takers....

I am in for food accountability.

I just had an absolute BITCH of a ride home from work. The wind was blowing right at me the whole way at like 20mph and the sky was turning some fantastic shades of dark blue and purple. I was on my lowest gear and still was barely moving. I am hurting bad and tired as hell.

Hey, y'all! How's everyone doing? The month is drawing to a close...

I got my still-not-shrinking a$$ on the treadmill again last ngiht, making it 14 of 15 workouts toward my Level 1 goal! Though it hasn't been as consistant as every-other-day for me, that appears to be my comfort zone. I need to kick it up a notch if I'm to loose all 200 of these excess pounds! I know, I know...highly unlikely that we'll loose ALL of our excess weight with the LapBand! But I sure as heck WON'T if I only give half-a$$ effort! And while for the most part, I'm careful with the eat-around-the-band foods, I need to really concentrate on the exercise! I just can't imagin gettign to the point where this is a must-have activity...a feel the rush, love the burn kind of thing! But that's my goal. I want to be a good example for my children, and I want to LIVE to see my great-grandchildren! My MIL turns 70 today, and is as thin as a rail, short like me, too -- oh, to be weraing an XS on my 70th birthday!! Ha!! Well, I can dream, can't I?!? :biggrin1:

So somebody drag my flat-but-no-smaller tuchas into July with a 5-days-a-week/30 mins level, please! (Um, can you tell I'm fixated on the fact tht my hips are not reducing? My waist, my neck, and my wrists -- like any of that is helpful! You can't wear smaller pants at your waist if your hips/a$$ are still the same deminsion as before! I'm not loosing inches below the waistline!!!! Hips/dunlap/butt; thighs; calfs; and ankles -- nothing! Nor, for the record, have my upper arms gotten smaller.:))

Suzanne

14 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

I got my exercise in yesterday, and part of it already today.

Zannie, hang in there, slow and steady wins the race!

Babygrl, did you get the storm that was building on your way home yesterday?

Ok, girls, go check out this link and tell me if you think it's bunk.....and then I'll tell you my experience. ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer

Ok, girls, go check out this link and tell me if you think it's bunk.....and then I'll tell you my experience. ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer

As I would say to my 4-year-old, um...what the hey, diddle, diddle is THAT thing?!? And do they really expect 14K for it?!? (Can I get one on eBay?!?)

Okay -- I gained last week, but have lost all that plus some! Wahoooooo!!! 268 even on my clinic's scale this afternoon!!! 52 POUNDS DOWN!!! Whew -- I was panicking there that I'd hit some sort of roadblock at 50#, much like my old 20# stall with other diets. I'm so relieved...and...

...wait for it, wait for it...

I've completed the June Exercise Challenge!:whoo:

Suzanne

15 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Awesome Zannie!

I have a wedding to go to tonight. I had to buy a new outfit because everything nice I own does not fit anymore. I am not sure how I feel about it since the shirt I got is sleeveless and the skirt is kind of clingy. But the skirt was a large and the top an xl so it did feel awesome to be able to shop in the misses department instead of the plus sizes. I did have to buy a shaper thing to go under to hold in my tummy though. Damn loose skin lol. Anyhow today is weigh in and I have pigged out for about 2 days now. I don't even want to see it but oh well.