Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

Okay so I totally heart REO Speedwagon. Yes it is true lol. And they are coming to town for a concert at my city's summer festival. Ahh the excitement is building lol.

Hope y'all are doing well!!

I'm so not motivated, but I'm about to go workout now -- before a small bowl of Splenda sweetened, low fat mint-chip ice cream. :hungry:

And on that note... For the 1st time since fill #3, I finished dinner still hungry. Humph. I was really hoping that was the fill...but I guess not. I'm at 7.2 in a 10cc band. My next fill is supposed to be July 5th, and I guess I'll be there after all! :P:straight Oh well. How tight is this thing gonna get?!?

BabyGrl, what does good restriction feel like?!? I really thought I was there, but I could certainly have kept eating tonight. How are you doing with food, in detail? What are you eating, are you hungry afterward, do you fee hungry between meals? Compare now to pre-op, if you will? :)

Oh, and I was a big REO Speedwagon fan in my youth! :)

I heart REO Speedwagon, too. :)

I have not gotten in more than 15 minutes a day this week so far. My intentions are good, I'll plan on walking the dog, or riding my bike, or doing the treadmill in the evening, and then get so busy with stuff that I don't get home until almost 11 pm, and fall into bed around midnight. :)

I'm trying, but I'll try harder.

How's everyone else doing??

Zannie my restriction feels like hell on earth if I don't chew enough. But I have to be very careful about how much I eat or I will eat too much. If I eat too much I get the golf ball feeling in my chest and I feel like I have to burp. When I do burp a little bit of food does come up with the burp. A lot of the time I feel like I could keep eating too but after about a 1/2 cup I stop and wait a few minutes and then take another bite. I still probably eat a little bit too fast which is why I have to wait the few minutes to let my brain catch up to my stomach. Some things I can eat really easy and can eat a lot of. Soup for example. Even if it is chunky I can get well over a cup of Soup in. So I only measure a cup and eat some crackers with it to thicken it up and satisfy my carb craving. I don't get hungry between meals because I eat 5-6 meals per day. I know some people stick with the three meal thing but I just can't. But my Snacks are small like a yogurt, 100 calorie snack pack, a small handful of almonds, or a string cheese. It is easier at work because I am busy and don't think about food. I don't usually get hungry unless I miss a snack and then I feel like I am starving. Those are the times I tend to over eat a bit which is another reason for the Snacks. I also "treat" myself every night with my Protein drink. I mix my matrix with milk, ice, hersheys sugar free Syrup and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter. It is pretty tasty and gives me Protein before I go to bed.

My workouts are going well though it is blazing outside. It has not been any less than 87 and sunny all week. I don't like using the central air at home because it is so expensive so I have been a bit toasty. Yesterday after my running I ran outside and jumped in the kids pool (8 feetx18 inches) with all my clothes on. The kids thought it was hilarious and I was just glad to be refreshed. I plan on riding my bike to work tomorrow and Friday now that my pedal has been fixed.

I had a PB episode from hell today at lunchtime. I was indulging in a Nachos Bell Grande for lunch, (that stuff usually goes down pretty easy and tastes good, even if I never finish it!) WELL.....

I ate about half of it (which is about the same volume of food that I would normally eat at lunch or dinner), and felt the golfball.....soon after, I was having to spit in a cup because my spit wouldn't even go down.....and a minute or so later, I was in the bathroom with this huge rope of egg-white style slime hanging out of my mouth, I'm gagging on it because it's so gross, and my lunch is coming up a heave at at time. 5 or 10 minutes later (or maybe it was an hour, it sure felt like it), SWEET RELIEF!

It's that time of the month when lovely Aunt Flo comes to visit, so I'm blaming her for the extra restriction.

Stuck with liquids for dinner tonight, and (drumroll, please..............)

I GOT MY 45 MINUTES OF EXERCISE IN TODAY!!!! 30 minutes walking and at least 15 on my NEW BIKE! WOO!

Well, so far today, I'm already at 30 minutes, so only 15 minutes left to go!

For lunch today, I had 1 1/2 chicken strips and got stuck..... SO it's back to liquids again for me, and maybe tomorrow I'll stick with mushies. Possibly for the whole weekend, since Aunt Flo will still be here. I don't like being stuck. OH, and fyi, I tried papaya enzyme today, and it helped. Not sure if it's actually what did it, or if the food moved through on it's own, but at least it doesn't taste like a$$.

How's everyone else doing?

Babygrl, we could almost use the same ticker! LOL :rolleyes:

Argh...:angry I just wrote out this whole long post, and it appears to have vanished upon "preview"... :noidea: How annoying.

I'm off to the treadmill now for my 30 minutes (35, really)! :high5:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

7 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Ok, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but I wanted to put it out there to get it off my chest.....

I'VE LOST ABOUT 40% OF MY EXCESS WEIGHT, OVER 50 POUNDS, AND MY BMI WOULD STILL QUALIFY ME FOR LAP-BAND SURGERY! I'm disgusted about that.

But I'm so happy I did it, and have lost as much as I have. Now for the other 75 lbs.......ONWARD!

Good for you travelgirl!!!!! It seems you, Zannie, and I are all right around in the the same boat of making it to 50 lbs!!!

I have had a rough few days. I lost my pedal off my bike again on the way to work last week and had to walk 4.5 miles home. It has still not been fixed and I am getting majorly pissed at DH for not taking care of it. I ran a whole mile yesterday in 15 minutes and almost died. I don't think I am going to be able to run the 5K next month, maybe in Aug or Sept. And my only friend that likes REO and was supposed to go to the concert with me is ditching me and going out of town instead =(.

Oh and I ate like a pig this weekend...ugh. At least I ma back on the bandwagon today lol.

Hope everyone is having a good week and Zannie I hope you can get into the thread!

Yea, hooray! I've feel so isolated without y'all! How friggin' SAD is that?!? :) But LBT is my WLS outlet & apparently I need it more than I realized!

My bandiversary was on Friday ~ AND ~ I hit my 50# goal on the same day! I'm now no longer SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE (just your run-of-the mill Morbid Obesity here)!! Friday was a pretty monumental day & I couldn't get in to LBT!! I was going crazy...

Exercise...assuming I do my workout tonight (busy evening of ferrying DH's car to the shop), I'm still on track for the month! (Calm down. I wouldn't want y'all to faint at my announcement! :heh:) Just 5 more work-outs & I will meet the Level 1 target!

Hope y'all are doing well... And that you're all finally able to get on-line at LBT, too! ;)

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

10 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Hello Ladies,

I think I have good restriction now after fill 2. I haven't had a full blown PB yet but have serveral times felt that stuck feeling and some slime. Not enough to vomit. I also noticed if I swallow too fast I get painful hiccups. I've even swallowed too quick with yogurt. I haven't lost any in 3 weeks since fill, though so I know I need to pick up the exercise and Water routine. I painted my son's room and this morning was sore from climbing my little step ladder up/down. Also had a sore butt and arms.

I also noticed my hair is coming out in more strands than ususal. I was bad all week not drinking my Protein. I usually eat chicken or some kind of meat and yogurt, but not enough, I guess. I really wish I was down 50 by now. I'm also been eating more junk food. chips hotsauce, ice cream. I need to get with it.

I do feel a lot better though. I've noticed I can sit in a booth table without my belly rubbing against. I also put on a pair of shorts the other day, I havent worn in 4 years. Felt great!

I think you all are doing great. You really inspire me to work harder

6 Days exercise level 1

Babygrl, you will totally make this 5K -- I know it! Who said you have to WIN it??? You can do this!!! Even if you don't run the whole thing, you'll run most of it. It's not an over-night plan, and you're working your butt off (litterally) to get'er done. I already know you will, but I need to just say: keep plugging along! You've got a goal, and you'll meet it! Don't give up on yourself! It's not July yet! The race is still a couple of weeks off. (Oh no...Backyardigans refrain playing in my head now -- :note2:Racing Day, It's racing day! It's not lazy pacing da-a-aaaay! Today's the day we race! :))

Let me start off by saying I HATE this effing mouse my hubby bought for the computer. The damn buttons are so sensitive on the sides that it just deleted the huge post I made when I moved it to spell check. grrrrrrrr.

Skinnyjeans I know the feeling on the food. I had an incident at work friday involving some spray cheese and my whole weekend just went downward from there culminating with the barfing of chocolate cake last night. Yeah cake does not like me. Anyhow that is why I like the exercise. I can still eat a more "normal" way and not feel like I ma dieting all the time.

Zannie, it is not ever been about winning the 5K but I do want to run the whole thing. I know I can finish it since I walk 5K every day on my lunch break. I did do a little better with my running today. A little over 1.5 miles in 25 minutes, a 3.8mph pace. I am just so frustrated with my physical limitations from being so big. Hell my workout partner is a smoker and she can run circles around me. She is also a bit overweight but probably only 30-40 pounds. I am just so damn impatient. But I won't give it up just yet, I will see how July goes.