Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters June Challenge

Hello ya.

Okay, feel behind last month with work issues. I'm been putting in 15 hr days, and am exhausted. Been trying to read some of the posts in the emails. I've been working in another office and came back to my home office and serveral people said whoa, you look great. You've lost weight. Felt really good. Some size 18's I bough a month ago are falling off now. I was able to put on some 16's and it felt sooo good. My hubby calls me baggy butt. Yea! I've never had a butt, just belly, but glad to hear he notices.

Y'all are doing great. i'm joining at the level 1.

Well girl if you ever want to move to Detroit you can come work out with me lol!

I'll work out with you. I need to catch up.

June 2 out of five days 60 min. work outs

Water 84 0z daily:)

Banded Feb 15th 2007

pre op weight 352

op weight 334

as of today 299

Wallygirl,:clap2:

Okay, ladies...announcment time! :attention:

My foot is still killing me (haven't gone to the doc yet :)), and the treadmill isn't helping, so I could either sit back and do nothing (my normal reaction), or try a different tack to keep up with my exercising. And try something new I did! :biggrin1:

In an effort to stem the tide of flappy, floppy skin (already presenting at 40 lbs down, with 160 still to go), I have begun my strength training program. Really. I have!! Now, in addition to the treadmill or other walking, I will be doing "the 7 pillars of strength" courtesy of Body By Jake. (Don't laugh -- we are confessed infomercial junkies here. :heh:)

I plan to do 3 or 4 days of treadmill walking (running, if I can ever convince myself to start the Couch-to-5K which I had my DH print & laminate at work) alternated with 3 days of strength training on the Gravity Force. That's the plan anyhow... We'll see how well I stick to it as the month progresses. :) But the point is that this Gravity Force Trainer has been sitting here - untouched by my fat a$$ for 2 months, and now I have begun to use it! Yea, me!

Wallygirl123, SkinnyJeans & Magii, it's so good to hear from y'all! :clap2:

Suzanne

Feb'07 Bandsters: June Challenge ~ Level 1

4 of 15 workouts (30 minutes a day for 15 days)

Wallygirl -- we have the same Band Date! :high5:

I'll work out with you. I need to catch up.

June 2 out of five days 60 min. work outs

Water 84 0z daily:)

Banded Feb 15th 2007

pre op weight 352

op weight 334

as of today 299

Wallygirl,:clap2:

You live in around Detroit Wallygirl?

Zannie the skin is starting to rear it's ugly head at me too. I have been moisturizing like a mad woman and dry skin brushing like crazy. I am praying that youth will help me but it ain't lookin so pretty right now.

Welcome back skinnyjeans.

Speaking of skinny jeans did I mention that I managed to cram myself into a pair of size 17 slim fit flare leg Levis? It was not a pretty sight but I managed to zip those puppies up!

I'm at 30 minutes so far today....My legs are sore from running the last couple of days, so I'm just walking today....back to a little running tomorrow.

Babygrl, what's up with your skin?? Try adding another 20 or 30 ozs to the 64 I know you already drink. Can't hurt, if you can manage it, and it might help...

Also, I cannot live without my Olay In Shower Body Lotion. After you rinse off the soap from the shower, you put it on, rinse it off, and I haven't bought lotion in almost 2 years, I just use that every day. And I have ALWAYS had dry, flaky skin on my arms and legs, but not anymore! Love, love, love it!

309630.jpg

Suzanne, Good For You, on your strength training! I try to change it up, so I'm not only walking. I'm even trying some yoga moves, and I'm thinking about trying Pilates....

I'm at 30 minutes so far today....My legs are sore from running the last couple of days, so I'm just walking today....back to a little running tomorrow.

Babygrl, what's up with your skin?? Try adding another 20 or 30 ozs to the 64 I know you already drink. Can't hurt, if you can manage it, and it might help...

Also, I cannot live without my Olay In Shower Body Lotion. After you rinse off the soap from the shower, you put it on, rinse it off, and I haven't bought lotion in almost 2 years, I just use that every day. And I have ALWAYS had dry, flaky skin on my arms and legs, but not anymore! Love, love, love it!

309630.jpg

Suzanne, Good For You, on your strength training! I try to change it up, so I'm not only walking. I'm even trying some yoga moves, and I'm thinking about trying Pilates....

You're doing great, I can't run yet but I walk at 3.3 for 30 minutes and do 30 minutes of cardio training.

Wallygirl:clap2:

You live in around Detroit Wallygirl?

Zannie the skin is starting to rear it's ugly head at me too. I have been moisturizing like a mad woman and dry skin brushing like crazy. I am praying that youth will help me but it ain't lookin so pretty right now.

Welcome back skinnyjeans.

Speaking of skinny jeans did I mention that I managed to cram myself into a pair of size 17 slim fit flare leg Levis? It was not a pretty sight but I managed to zip those puppies up!

I live in Newport Beach, California. I have tried some Avon products for the dry skin, seams to help. I'm sure I found this site. Don't no of anyone who has had the band done here. I have gone from size 28 to 24 pants. Cant wait t get down to 150 pounds.

Wallygirl:)

Travelgirl...I am up around 100 ounces per day. I reread what I wrote and thought maybe it could be miunderstood. When I said dry skin brushing I did not mean I have dry skin but that I dry brush my skin with a skin brush before I bath. It helps to exfoliate the skin and increase circulation. My back used to itch all the time before I started doing it and now that has stopped. It is very relaxing and feels really good. I have used the olay in shower stuff and really liked it. Right now I am using Jergens skin firming lotion. Even though I know the stuff does not work how I want it to I will keep trying!

Another thing I like to do is contrast showers. Basically you have the Water as hot as you can stand for 3 minutes and then turn it very cold for 1 minute and repeat a few times always ending on cold. Sounds terrible but when you are done it is so refreshing.

Here is some info on both Heal South Africa - Dry Skin Brushing - A project dedicated to uniting & empowering the people of South Africa, with the goal of peace, happiness and health for all.

I got my walking in today...really picked up the pace and did 4 miles in 1 hour and 5 minutes. I have running to do later on, 8 minutes running-3 walking-8 running so wish me luck. That would be the longest I have ran at one time since probably junior high.

I may have to try that as well....Where did you get your dry skin brush?

8 minutes of running, TWICE??? Oh, my... Good luck!

I just got it at Meijer. It is just a bath brush. I keep meaning to get a better one but it always slips my mind when I am at the store.

Tell me, what does this stuff smell like? I seem to be allergic to everything nowadays. That wasn't always the case, but most lotions and perfumes now make me sneeze. But maybe something that gets rinsed off in the shower after putting it on would help with the allergies...? My skin is ALWAYS dry!!! It's something I've learned to live with since lotions started to bother me, but I'd love to find a product that works. :)

Woohoo I didn't die!!!! Now I have 20 minutes straight of running either Friday or Sat. Oh buddy.

Zannie I think the Olay stuff somes in several different flavors. Have you ever tried stuff from Lush? I don't know if there is a store near you but the website is LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics . I love their Dream Cream lotion and pretty much everything else I have bought from there. It is a bit pricey but totally worth it. A lot of peole with sensitive skin and allergies can use their products.